Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
52-7-05-Colour-Wild colour
Posted By: scomatic, 02-04-2015, 02:09 AM

Welcome to PROJECT 52-7 for the year 2015.

PROJECT 52-7-05-Colour-Wild colour

Images for Project 52-7-05 are to be taken between the 03 February 2015 Tuesday and 09 February 2015.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-7 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its
acceptance is dependent on the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for
those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather,
travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-7
10. JUDGE may participate the challenge, but the picture of JUDGE will be comment by 2nd and 3rd WINNER, and there is no podium place for JUDGE's picture. *** New Rules ***
11. The Facilitator (in this case scomatic) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
12. Closing date for the challenge is Monday at midnight in your time zone, this will encourage people to snap the picture during weekend and post it up on next days. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks JUDGE. ** Amendment **

JUDGE need to provide either with Option A or Option B or Both AB options criteria when during JUDGEMENT *** New Rules ***:

OPTION A (Just provide 1-10 point on each criteria and average out is the overall point)
Technical criteria
- Exposure Focus/sharpness
- Colour and/or tonal rendition
- Contrast
- Lighting

Visual and aesthetic criteria
- Framing and choice of viewpoint
- Background
- Design elements and principles
- Visual impact

Content
- Emotion / Mood /Feeling
- Relevance

Viewer’s response
- Excitement
- Interest

OPTION B (Good / Bad comment)
Example:
the good: Composition is perfect, I like your lighting. blah blah blah
the bad: I think leveling the horizon would be better, the blown out highlights on top left are distracting to me. blah blah blah.

Sorry again for this week event theme... abit late again this week due to my ISP was down for unknown reason.
Now.. This week theme is about shooting a photo with only "wild colour", and the definition of wild colour is "a violent clash of colours". Sorry... I dunno how to explain it...

I think this is the 1st time of this kind of theme... Let having fun with theme ya!

Example of photo for this week theme:

Last edited by scomatic; 02-04-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Views: 3,435
02-09-2015, 08:33 PM - 6 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wild colour in night traffic

Shot with Sony Nex 5T, 16-50 Kit lens, F4, ISO 400,

---------- Post added 02-10-15 at 11:36 AM ----------

i saw this challenge will be more tough than ever.. Surprisingly so many good shot in this week~ Thanks to all warrior!

02-10-2015, 09:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So who is the judge? where is he/she?
02-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hydrophobic we are waiting for u...
02-10-2015, 11:28 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
Hydrophobic we are waiting for u...
I guess you'll need to pm him/her, maybe he/she's not aware about the judgment part.

02-11-2015, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #20

Photos: Gallery
Wild colourful brambles

I have this love/hate relationship with blackberry brambles. I often go out with a pruning shear to get rid of it, and sometimes I go out with a basket to pick the blackberries to make jam. But this week I went out with my new Pentax K-50 and took some photos. I think one never looks at that plant as a beautiful one. It's wild, it's invasive, nobody likes it. But if you look a second time, you find it's beautiful wild colours!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
02-11-2015, 06:45 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
I guess you'll need to pm him/her, maybe he/she's not aware about the judgment part.
pm already...

TAMIA, please get ready, if he can't turn up tomorrow...

Last edited by scomatic; 02-11-2015 at 06:53 PM.
02-12-2015, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome Helena, to Pentax Forums, and Project 52-7 in particular. That's a great shot. Its a little late for the challenge, which ended Monday night in your time zone, but seeing that our Judge is awol at the moment, I'd guess it s probably acceptable, though you should note that it is up to the current weeks judge to accept/reject late entries. For my part, I would suggest you remove the thorns on the left corner, and the leaves to the right-that is bottom right and that leaf below the twig. It will have a lot more impact. Do it quick, before the the challenge is judged.

02-12-2015, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi all,
Seem Hydrophobic still unable to turn up, now would like to announce that Tamia will be judgement for PROJECT 52-7-05-Colour-Wild colour.

Tamia, I'm sorry for troubling you this time.
02-13-2015, 02:38 AM   #24

Photos: Gallery
Hi, noelcmn! Thank's so much for your comment! I can see what you mean and think you're so right! Without those disturbing leaves and thorns it would be much better!
But I'm really a newbie (I got my first DSLR last Christmas) and I'm still beginning to discover what I can do with it and with the two lenses I got, because although I was a photography fan, I was just a mobile phone photographer (if that can be called a photographer!). I developed the raw file of this photo with rawtherapee (newbie here too) to push up some contrast, and I think I am beginning to understand how it works. But I still know nothing about photoshop (I don't even have it) and I suppose I would need it to do what you're saying. Besides, wouldn't it break this rule?:
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
As for being a late entry, oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize that! I am also a newbie in this forums and I don't understand quite well how these chalenges work. I entered it for fun and expecting nothing more than sharing and discussing about photos. Is there a judge? Is this a contest? Will I have to judge something if I "win" this thing? OMG! I don't know if I am capable of such a thing!!!
02-13-2015, 02:53 AM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helena Quote
But I still know nothing about photoshop (I don't even have it) and I suppose I would need it to do what you're saying.
I guess you won't need Photoshop, and it's not a tool aimed for Photographers.
You'll be quite fine with a Raw processor for post processing, and there are some quite good tools as I know. Adobe Lightroom is the best all in one tool (in my opinion) but I've seen good outputs from people using other tools such as Rawtherapee.

And yes, this is a weekly contest, which the winner of every week will be the judge for next week's challenge. and don't worry about judgment, it's not so hard, and you'll know what to do as judge after participating for some weeks here.
Looking forward to more photos from you.
02-13-2015, 05:24 AM - 2 Likes   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello Helena. This challenge is basically a friendly challenge to get out and shoot each week. We use it to learn a few tricks as well . Glad to have you join us here and I hoppe to see more ofyour work each week. . If you have a question feel free to ask . As to rule 4 Most of what I submit are straight out of the camera with maybe a small crop of an edge or two and maybe a tweek of contrast. The idea is to just get out and shoot with an objective in mind. I use this to help me grow.
02-13-2015, 08:04 AM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As everyone knows by now, this contest is closed! You can find the winners in this thread.

Thanks to everyone who entered, and a big welcome to the newcomers,, Ilya/ars and Helena!