Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 47 Likes Search this Thread

52-7-06-Colour-Seasonal Color
Posted By: scomatic, 02-09-2015, 08:58 PM

Welcome to PROJECT 52-7 for the year 2015.

PROJECT 52-7-06-Colour-Seasonal Color

Images for Project 52-7-06 are to be taken between the 10 February 2015 Tuesday and 16 February 2015.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-7 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its
acceptance is dependent on the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for
those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather,
travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-7
10. JUDGE may participate the challenge, but the picture of JUDGE will be comment by 2nd and 3rd WINNER, and there is no podium place for JUDGE's picture. *** New Rules ***
11. The Facilitator (in this case scomatic) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
12. Closing date for the challenge is Monday at midnight in your time zone, this will encourage people to snap the picture during weekend and post it up on next days. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks JUDGE. ** Amendment **

JUDGE need to provide either with Option A or Option B or Both AB options criteria when during JUDGEMENT *** New Rules ***:

OPTION A (Just provide 1-10 point on each criteria and average out is the overall point)
Technical criteria
- Exposure Focus/sharpness
- Colour and/or tonal rendition
- Contrast
- Lighting

Visual and aesthetic criteria
- Framing and choice of viewpoint
- Background
- Design elements and principles
- Visual impact

Content
- Emotion / Mood /Feeling
- Relevance

Viewer’s response
- Excitement
- Interest

OPTION B (Good / Bad comment)
Example:
the good: Composition is perfect, I like your lighting. blah blah blah
the bad: I think leveling the horizon would be better, the blown out highlights on top left are distracting to me. blah blah blah.

Great!... finally we getting bigger and more warrior here...
This week theme is seasonal colour... Seasonal it may contain of Winter, Autumn, Summer, Spring season feel photo... Example as below:

Example of winter colour photo:

Example of Autumn colour photo:

Example of Summer Colour Photo:

Example of Spring colour photo:

Sorry I know this kind of theme should fall under year challenge... But let get what we could have ya...

Last edited by scomatic; 02-09-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Views: 4,019
02-12-2015, 09:22 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gray, white, pale blue, and sooty black are the colors of the season in far northern NY in February. Here's a typical scene...

Almost a Whiteout Pentax K-5IIs, Pentax DA 55-300/4-5.8 ED at 55mm, 1/20s, f/16, ISO 80

Last edited by Tamia; 02-13-2015 at 06:51 AM.
02-15-2015, 09:26 AM - 5 Likes   #17

Photos: Gallery
Blue eyes

Everything is gray around here... With some luck I would get some different shades of it (but not 50! ) in this cloudy sky. I was waiting for a while expecting the sun would shine a bit, but all I got was this pair of blue eyes - that's some colour - looking at me to see what I was doing outside in such a cold and rainy weather!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
02-15-2015, 11:48 AM - 4 Likes   #18

Winter Goes, Spring Comes

Today, I have seen the first colours of the coming spring!

The winter aconite is the first flower to bloom here in our region after the winter. I passed by this spot yesterday, and the flowers were still closed. So, today was the first day in the year one could see some colour out in the nature beyond the white-grey of snow and sky, the brown-grey of dead grass and leaves and the dark shapes of bald trees.

Besides being the first plant in the year to flower, it is also one of the first plants to provide pollen to honey bees. Its petals are temperature regulated and open only in sunshine. They also have a mechanism that catapults their seeds up to 40 cm away during rainfall, that's up to 15 times of its average height. Oh, and as many beautiful things, it is highly poisonous.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
02-15-2015, 06:31 PM - 6 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That looks a lot like here JC. I did see my wife's early spring flowers have poked their heads out of the ground. Here is about the only thing not grey or brown
A small crop Taken with the K-30 fresh from the repair shop and the Tammy 90

02-15-2015, 08:25 PM - 3 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not a whole lot of colors here lately.

02-16-2015, 01:28 PM - 5 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Such a lovely range of images in this project 52- all that snow is making me envious. I'm tempted to think there is a conspiracy going on here to make me feel blue!
I'm going abstract, with one from my Singles in February challenge, with the Rikenon 50mm F2 (horrible lens)
02-16-2015, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Searching for Spring

Our first snow of this winter started this evening around 4:30 pm which allowed me a better shot than what I had to submit if it had not started snowing. (Sorry about your predicament, JC).
Taken with my Pentax K-x and Sigma 28-80mm, F 3.5-5.6 Macro II lens, at ISO 200, f22, 2.5 sec exposure, 80 mm focal length (non-macro).

Last edited by Bill2849; 02-16-2015 at 07:12 PM. Reason: correct focal length
02-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow Bill yours are blooming already. we have about another week or so till the open. and snow as well . All we got was an ice storm.
Noel that is anything but blue
02-16-2015, 04:30 PM - 4 Likes   #24
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Like ramseybuckeye, the most colour here is in the sky. This is Saturday's sunset.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #25
Pentaxian

That's fantastic, Arn!
02-16-2015, 09:10 PM - 3 Likes   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This week photo... Shooting at temple:

Our Chinese New Year is about to coming soon.. Here the photo with a little bit of Chinese New Year feel, and should match to Autumn season feel right?

02-16-2015, 11:51 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
Our Chinese New Year is about to coming soon.. Here the photo with a little bit of Chinese New Year feel, and should match to Autumn season feel right?
Which temple is that?
02-17-2015, 12:33 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
Which temple is that?
Thean Hou Temple

---------- Post added 02-17-15 at 03:40 PM ----------

Hi all....
May I request to judge it on tomorrow? Because... I'm running out of mood once saw my current bonus pay for this year...

Last edited by scomatic; 02-17-2015 at 12:42 AM.
02-17-2015, 01:07 AM   #29
Veteran Member

May I request to judge it on tomorrow? Because... I'm running out of mood once saw my current bonus pay for this year...
No Problem.
02-17-2015, 02:32 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thean Hou Temple

---------- Post added 02-17-15 at 03:40 PM ----------

Hi all....
You get a bonus pay??? You blessed!
No problem about the judging.