Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
52-7-06-Colour-Seasonal Color
Posted By: scomatic, 02-09-2015, 08:58 PM

Welcome to PROJECT 52-7 for the year 2015.

PROJECT 52-7-06-Colour-Seasonal Color

Images for Project 52-7-06 are to be taken between the 10 February 2015 Tuesday and 16 February 2015.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-7 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its
acceptance is dependent on the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for
those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather,
travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-7
10. JUDGE may participate the challenge, but the picture of JUDGE will be comment by 2nd and 3rd WINNER, and there is no podium place for JUDGE's picture. *** New Rules ***
11. The Facilitator (in this case scomatic) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
12. Closing date for the challenge is Monday at midnight in your time zone, this will encourage people to snap the picture during weekend and post it up on next days. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks JUDGE. ** Amendment **

JUDGE need to provide either with Option A or Option B or Both AB options criteria when during JUDGEMENT *** New Rules ***:

OPTION A (Just provide 1-10 point on each criteria and average out is the overall point)
Technical criteria
- Exposure Focus/sharpness
- Colour and/or tonal rendition
- Contrast
- Lighting

Visual and aesthetic criteria
- Framing and choice of viewpoint
- Background
- Design elements and principles
- Visual impact

Content
- Emotion / Mood /Feeling
- Relevance

Viewer’s response
- Excitement
- Interest

OPTION B (Good / Bad comment)
Example:
the good: Composition is perfect, I like your lighting. blah blah blah
the bad: I think leveling the horizon would be better, the blown out highlights on top left are distracting to me. blah blah blah.

Great!... finally we getting bigger and more warrior here...
This week theme is seasonal colour... Seasonal it may contain of Winter, Autumn, Summer, Spring season feel photo... Example as below:

Example of winter colour photo:

Example of Autumn colour photo:

Example of Summer Colour Photo:

Example of Spring colour photo:

Sorry I know this kind of theme should fall under year challenge... But let get what we could have ya...

Last edited by scomatic; 02-09-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Views: 4,018
02-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could we also have wet and dry seasons? because those are the only seasons I see here in Malaysia. LOL
02-10-2015, 01:22 AM - 3 Likes   #3

Photos: Albums
Hi all,

Here's my contribution to winter colour!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
02-10-2015, 01:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LMignard Quote
Here's my contribution to winter colour!
Hi LMignard, that's a wonderful capture.
You know the whole challenge and fun of the P52 challenge is to get us out there and take new photos for the challenge!
And the rules of this challenge has a strict timeframe set for each weeks photos, current week:
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Images for Project 52-7-06 are to be taken between the 10 February 2015 Tuesday and 16 February 2015.
You still have plenty of time to replace your entry with a photo taken this week! Looking forward to your submission.

02-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
Hi LMignard, that's a wonderful capture.
You know the whole challenge and fun of the P52 challenge is to get us out there and take new photos for the challenge!
And the rules of this challenge has a strict timeframe set for each weeks photos, current week:

You still have plenty of time to replace your entry with a photo taken this week! Looking forward to your submission.
I saw his EXIF is 10 February 2015.
02-10-2015, 11:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
I saw his EXIF is 10 February 2015.
Date Taken 2015-01-17 03:05 PM
02-11-2015, 06:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh my mistake...yes.. you're right...
LMignard.. please change your photo

02-11-2015, 06:59 PM - 3 Likes   #8
Veteran Member

Well I guess right now most of the world are in either winter or summer time, but here we have both summer and autumn together, always
So I chose the Autumn with this shot.

shot yesterday with Kiron 28mm f/2 @ f/4
02-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
Well I guess right now most of the world are in either winter or summer time, but here we have both summer and autumn together, always

shot yesterday with Kiron 28mm f/2 @ f/4
Excellent Photo!
That's the one lens that I owned and sold, and then regretted selling it.
02-11-2015, 08:59 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is setting the Bar high Mtux
02-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
That's the one lens that I owned and sold, and then regretted selling it.
Oh, yes, even though I don't use it much, I know that I'll regret selling it.

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
That is setting the Bar high Mtux
Thanks Patrick.
02-12-2015, 06:37 PM - 4 Likes   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ohio Winters don't offer a lot of natural color on the ground, the snow does a nice job of covering throwing a white blanket over the dull grass and dead leaves. But the sky can be very colorful. This one is obviously not a spectacular sky, but it may be the best I'll get this week, so here it is:
02-12-2015, 06:42 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
ramseybuckeye your country still in winter mode?
02-12-2015, 08:11 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
ramseybuckeye your country still in winter mode?
yes, in another week we'll be 2/3 of the way through. 9 degrees F tonight, or -13 degrees C. It's cold!
02-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes Scomatic, Here in Tn. the only colors are brown and gray We don't even get the snow to cover the brown grass. and the sky has been gray for so long I almost forgot what the sun looks like. I did notice that some of the early flowers are starting to poke thru the ground . Color is still a few weeks out . I am curious as to what I can come up with. Maybe the clouds will break.
Have you gotten hold of hydrophobic for judging ?.