Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

52-7-08-Ideas-Creative Power
Posted By: scomatic, 02-24-2015, 07:28 PM

Welcome to PROJECT 52-7 for the year 2015.

PROJECT 52-7-08-Ideas-Creative Power

Images for Project 52-7-07 are to be taken between the 24 February 2015 Tuesday and 2 March 2015.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-7 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its
acceptance is dependent on the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for
those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather,
travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-7
10. JUDGE may participate the challenge, but the picture of JUDGE will be comment by 2nd and 3rd WINNER, and there is no podium place for JUDGE's picture. *** New Rules ***
11. The Facilitator (in this case scomatic) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
12. Closing date for the challenge is Monday at midnight in your time zone, this will encourage people to snap the picture during weekend and post it up on next days. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks JUDGE. ** Amendment **

JUDGE need to provide either with Option A or Option B or Both AB options criteria when during JUDGEMENT *** New Rules ***:

OPTION A (Just provide 1-10 point on each criteria and average out is the overall point)
Technical criteria
- Exposure Focus/sharpness
- Colour and/or tonal rendition
- Contrast
- Lighting

Visual and aesthetic criteria
- Framing and choice of viewpoint
- Background
- Design elements and principles
- Visual impact

Content
- Emotion / Mood /Feeling
- Relevance

Viewer’s response
- Excitement
- Interest

OPTION B (Good / Bad comment)
Example:
the good: Composition is perfect, I like your lighting. blah blah blah
the bad: I think levelling the horizon would be better, the blown out highlights on top left are distracting to me. blah blah blah.

Hi Warrior,
I'm late again this week, and this week challenge is all about self creativity of taking picture... It can be what ever that your imagine of too, but please state the name of your picture too..

The story of Jonah:

Lighthouse at the edge:

Native american spirit:

Magic Potion:

Waves of colour:

Views: 3,543
02-27-2015, 05:41 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
I better be careful...

02-27-2015, 10:24 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bright Spark!-Be Careful
02-27-2015, 11:41 AM - 4 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll go with something bare bones...

Brushing Your Teeth is Skull Drudgery

02-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
I'll go with something bare bones... Brushing Your Teeth is Skull Drudgery
Funny..Thanks for the laugh.

03-01-2015, 11:48 AM - 5 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is raining today. I really need to invest in a WR lens. I took some shots through my kitchen window of the rain on the water on the tarp on my pool. . I like this one where the white balance was set wrong. I used a promaster 75-300 f5.6 manual lens on my K-30.
03-01-2015, 01:53 PM - 5 Likes   #21
Veteran Member

There was a lot going on in the woods and down by the lake today. Must be getting close to spring!

03-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Funny..Thanks for the laugh.
Glad I could make you laugh, Patrick!

03-01-2015, 02:14 PM - 5 Likes   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
There was a lot going on in the woods and down by the lake today.
Indeed. I build a house there today!

I always wanted to have a little cabin at a lake.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
03-01-2015, 04:46 PM - 5 Likes   #24

Photos: Gallery
brilliant idea

I've been wondering about what "creative power" means. Is it a brilliant idea?

[IMG][/IMG]
03-01-2015, 07:54 PM - 4 Likes   #25
Veteran Member

I don't have much of a creativity from myself, but the creativity in the hands of this lady was very powerful to make some interesting music for the ear.
03-02-2015, 01:26 AM - 7 Likes   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A water tree...

03-02-2015, 03:49 AM - 4 Likes   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Handheld selfie with off camera flash (in the other hand).

03-02-2015, 04:49 AM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Power and Creativity. That's this week's theme, but what does it mean? No one in the group seemed to know. I didn't either, so I asked someone who I thought would know. Johnny Socket stared back at me, his mouth hanging open. He didn't have a clue.
Oh no. He-Man could not help. Jonny Socket could not help. We are doomed.
03-02-2015, 06:01 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Power and Creativity. That's this week's theme, but what does it mean? No one in the group seemed to know. I didn't either, so I asked someone who I thought would know. Johnny Socket stared back at me, his mouth hanging open. He didn't have a clue.
Hmm... this theme is really make all confusing?
Actually this theme is really nothing... The subject is kinda open, but just show your creativity thru the photo u can think of to snap.

It's nothing to do with the power or electricity... Just purely show us your creativity only...

---------- Post added 03-02-15 at 09:09 PM ----------

Example of my example's photo.

The story of Jonah: You see the people inside the bottle, and combination with the blue background... it turn superb creativity photo.

Lighthouse at the edge: You can see the lighthouse it somewhere is short from other planet...

Native american spirit: You can see a like of human spirit...

May this article help you all? Creative photography ideas

100+ Creative Photography Ideas: Techniques, Compositions and Mixed Media Approaches
03-02-2015, 09:57 AM - 4 Likes   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm not sure whether this entry meets the qualifications or not, since it relies upon post processing (although Scomatic's link on 100+ creative photo ideas contains several references to creative processing of digital or film images). I have been experimenting with post-processing that emulates old time photo processes. This example is one such. I am showing it along with the original image so you can see the difference. What I appreciate about the entry is how it looks like an old oriental silk print (as well as a replication of an antique photo).

My entry:

My original:

Taken with my Pentax K-x and smc PENTAX-DA L 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED, at 300mm focal length, ISO 400, f6.3, 1/60 second.