Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winners Project 52 52-7-07-Ideas-Love Story
Posted By: patrick9, 02-24-2015, 07:49 PM

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful entries this week. I am not one for a lot of words so

micromacro- This is the first time I think i have seen reptiles kiss. unusual but very fitting

Rimfire- dude nice capture of an odd couple

Tamia- nice capture of the blue jays. It reminds me of old love from a couple that have been together for a long while. I think the limb between them is a plus for this shot and theme.

Mtux- well done . Having the couple in the back ground helps define the love the rings represent. I just wish my screen was larger so I did not have to scroll to see the entire shot

scomatic- nice capture of a couple in love preparing to start their life together.
Helena- there is nothing like a mothers love. Well captured.

Dieterson- Roses a symble of love and dried as well to signaify a long lasting love. Nice shot

Noelcom- an angle and one willing to show its heart. A nice reminder of the love given to each of us.

Bill2849- I see the heart carved in the wood long ago . I also see a face a face smiling at us thru the heart

jcdoss- NOT a stinker. I enjoy the whimsical feel here I see a heart that has wings to reach out and love all those around it.

This was not an easy challenge to judge

They all fit the scheme well

3rd micromacro
2nd mtux
1st and next weeks judge is Helena . It is just hard to beat a mothers love

Views: 1,423
02-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent choice, Patrick! Congrats Helena... what a fantastic image! Well done micromacro and mtux for placing. See y'all next week!
02-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to Helena, well done!
It was fun to participate.
02-24-2015, 08:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A worthy win for your heart-warming photo, Helena -- congratulations! Kudos to Micromacro and to Mtux for your podium spots. Patrick, thanks for commenting and judging. I like your interpretation of my blue jays. They do behave like an old couple who are comfortable in each other's company.

Well done, everyone. An enjoyable theme, indeed, Scomatic. Thanks.

02-24-2015, 08:23 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Good choice Patrick! I know i gonna lose this challenge...
Congrate to Helena, Mtux and micromacro... Well done!

Helena, you're in podium again...
02-24-2015, 09:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Yes, that's the winner.
Thanks Patrick for judgment, comments and my placing.
And a big congrats to Helena. that's a great capture of mother's love.
well done everyone, it was a nice challenge with some worthy entries.
02-25-2015, 01:47 AM   #7

Congratulations Helena, and of course to the runner-ups :-)
Thanks Patrick for judging and commenting!

I'm looking forward to the next challenge...

02-25-2015, 02:11 AM   #8

Really??? Thank you, Patrick! And thank you all for your comments!
Scomatic, you are right, I am in the podium again, but one thing is for sure... I won't be there next week!
And now I'll have to judge next week's challenge, isn't it? That's the hard part, I hope I can do that... I am a newbie to photography and my English isn't so good, specially with those technical terms... but i can say what I like, and I think that will do it, is that true?

---------- Post added 02-25-15 at 09:35 AM ----------

I guess itīs up to me to comment Patrick's photo, isn't it?
02-25-2015, 03:09 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Helena-heart warming picture, can't argue with our Judge on that choice! And extended to Mtux and Micromacro. Thanks Patrick for a fine judging exercise. Good challenge, good images all round.
02-25-2015, 05:20 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helena Quote
but i can say what I like, and I think that will do it, is that true?
Yes
no It is not necessary. I just posted it for fun

Last edited by patrick9; 02-25-2015 at 06:10 PM.
02-25-2015, 06:06 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Helena, also Mtux and Micromacro! Well done all!
02-25-2015, 07:30 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Really??? Thank you, Patrick! And thank you all for your comments!
Scomatic, you are right, I am in the podium again, but one thing is for sure... I won't be there next week!
And now I'll have to judge next week's challenge, isn't it? That's the hard part, I hope I can do that... I am a newbie to photography and my English isn't so good, specially with those technical terms... but i can say what I like, and I think that will do it, is that true?

---------- Post added 02-25-15 at 09:35 AM ----------

Yes... Let's try your best. Newbie is only 1st time, once u done up... It's kinda easy...

---------- Post added 02-26-15 at 10:35 AM ----------

patrick9 - Pentax having love at Hawaii?
Comment: I like your concept of using your 2 camera as lover or couple... This is creative! But the farm of background is kinda bored and abit dark... Anyway... nice try!

Last edited by scomatic; 02-25-2015 at 07:36 PM.
02-27-2015, 04:59 AM   #13

So, for Patrick's photo, I apologize for this late comment, but I've been busy and couldn't make it earlier, so here it is now. As I enjoyed your sense of humour, I'll try to follow:

This is a real love story, not just a photo capturing a moment. It has also a past, and certainly a future.
If you take a second look you will see that she has been really in love with this guy, and for a long time! But he is a hunter who thinks only about shooting and capturing everything around him, with no time for girls. She's been thinking how to get his attention, and she decided to embellish herself up and pass by, pretending not to be interested. She didn't look straight at him to make him feel that he would have to go after her, just as if he would have to hunt her too. And it had just the effect she was expecting! He focused her and his heart beated harder, as in those fractions of second when some bird lands in a branch near by and he suddenly has to compose and decide the best exposure to capture it. And he thought "What's happening to me? She is so beautiful, how haven't I noticed her before? Look at that lens! I bet she captures great things with that. We must hunt together, we would be a perfect team!" And then he did everything wrong. If he was shooting a bird he would have fly away. He made a quick movement to focus better, he made noise (oh, this is not my silent focusing lens!), and he coughed. But it didn't matter, because she wasn't a bird, and she didn't want to fly away.
She even thought his embarrassement was so cute!

Well, you can imagine the rest.

This is a really inspiring photo, as you can see so, if Patrick wasn't judging this week, he should have won the challenge!
02-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Helena. I see you have quite an imagination.