Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Potw #14
Posted By: SCGushue, 06-08-2008, 03:31 PM

POTW # 14 JUNE 2 to JUNE 15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for filling in the gap last week Kim and keeping this weekly post from going the way of the Dodo.

Well, it is Sunday! In the East they are baking, in the Midwest... they are looking for a lifeline and a boat and out West they are still wearing winter coats. So, there must be plenty of "stuff" to shoot out there.

Feel free to post any topic you enjoy that was phtographed between June 2 and June 15. I won't check if you are a day or so either side

Rules as before:
1) No theme just your favorite stuff.
2) Let's keep it to about 4-6 images per post just so the thread doesn't get too big each week .
3) Any Pentax camera is fine, film, P&S, DSLR (or Samsung DSLR)
4) Runs for 7 days <Sunday Date> to <Sunday Date>
5) Enter anything you shot last week or this current week until the thread closes.

Previous hosts: 1 Peter Zack, 2 Eaglerapids, 3 rmtagg, 4 Peter Zack, 5 daacon, 6 Bramela, 7 mtnbearhug, 8 dantuyhoa, 9 gawan, 10 roentarre, 11 daacon, 12 Kris, 13 mtnbearhug, 14 SCGushue

Since I havn't done much personal photography, I will post some from today to get the ball going. I was busy rescreening all the doors and windows today so I took a few macros of the critters in the backyard.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo   

Last edited by SCGushue; 06-10-2008 at 06:12 AM.
Views: 15,063
06-14-2008, 01:26 AM   #46
Forum Member

My contribution both shots taken with DA50-200.

06-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bud - nice shots love the wolf spider and humming bird

syb - wonderfull red flower

Tran - a nice shot

Alan - that is indeed a unique look of a flower within a flower

Gawan - I like that shot

Stevebrot - great scenic waterfall

maj0rglitch - nice series , love the dragonfly ...
06-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #48
Veteran Member

A few from this morning with the DA* 16-50

Click on Image for Larger View

06-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some really nice shots there.
Dave, I thought your shot of the Wasps Nest was very intriguing.
Your flowers too. I thought I read, some time back, that you weren't into macro photography. Perhaps I am mistaken. Anyway,it catches up with everybody sooner or later.

06-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Thanks Dave . Those flowers are nice , indeed . If you move into macro, can I have that fish eye ? Hahaa .

maj0rglitch : That dragonfly is really catchy !

Stevebrot : cool shot . No waterfall around here . No rain in a long time , too !

Nice fortress shot . BW conversion ? .

maxwell1295 : cool catch of that double flower .

I've been playing around with the 1.7x F AF TC + Vivitar Series I 105/2.5 . Very tough to use but I got some good shot after couple hours !

Tran
06-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Hello again,
Dave Kitson's flower bird, I really like it :-)
Dave dacoon, the abandoned home, great shot! I've seen sort of paper hornets crawling from their indivdual lampions, but none like that. On your second post, can't see anything wrong with those 16-50 pics. Resolution looks excellent all over the frame (remember me asking you because of the Legislation Building).
Bud, can't help watching your spiders and mantisses, although cold shivers run down my spine :-)

Today I'd like to bring to you two dreams and I hope you like them!
First is a children's dream, the proverbial bearded man doing the dream bubbles,

Second is a grown man's dream, a real sympathetic cuban salsa singer on a good band,

Techie stuff:
Both shots are taken with an old M42 Mamiya Sekor SX 1.4/55, a forgotten lens which I've just converted completely. Seems to have good punch stopped down, yet is quite special in the f/1.4 - f/2.8 range. Unprocessed except cropping and in-camera +1 contrast and -1 saturation.

Sweet dreams,
Georg
06-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The weather has been crummy, but not too crummy for some shots in the Columbia River Gorge...

Dry Creek Falls with the 18-55mm kit on the K10D

Hi Steve,

The geologist in me just couldn't pass up the oppportunity to say this is a really interesting geological formation that you have photographed here.

The vertical formation is an intrusive igneous basaltic rock that forms hexagonal shapes if you could look down on them. Giants Causway in Norhtern Ireland is famous for their formation and Devils Tower in Wyoming is our famous one. I think in California there is a seaside formation called Devil Postpile.

Interestingly, here the formation seems to show the junction rock beneath which it formed.

Really neat photo.

Stephen

06-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, this Week in Photos is coming to an end tomorrow. If anyone is interested in hosting the new thread for June 8 through June 21 please let me know. I will be glad to assist the setup.

This week the thread has displayed some really talented work. Next week... perhaps even more... only the Shadow knows.

Stephen
06-15-2008, 06:56 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Gecko

A gecko shot at my parents' house in Orlando over vacation.
Attached Images

06-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #55
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
Hi Steve,

The geologist in me just couldn't pass up the oppportunity to say this is a really interesting geological formation that you have photographed here.

The vertical formation is an intrusive igneous basaltic rock that forms hexagonal shapes if you could look down on them. Giants Causway in Norhtern Ireland is famous for their formation and Devils Tower in Wyoming is our famous one. I think in California there is a seaside formation called Devil Postpile.

Interestingly, here the formation seems to show the junction rock beneath which it formed.

Really neat photo.

Stephen
Columnar basalt is common in the cliffs of the Columbia Gorge and in Eastern Washington/Oregon. I know of several waterfalls in the Gorge that are framed with the columns on either side.
06-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #56
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Another great week everyone. Gets better each week. Dave has agreed to host the next POTW. Here's the link.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games/30008-potw-15-shots...6-22-08-a.html