Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
52-7-19-Landscape - Seascape
Posted By: scomatic, 05-14-2015, 08:26 AM

Welcome to PROJECT 52-7 for the year 2015.

PROJECT 52-7-19-Landscape - Seascape

Images for Project 52-7-19 are to be taken between the 12 May 2015 Tuesday and 18 May 2015.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-7 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its
acceptance is dependent on the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for
those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather,
travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-7
10. JUDGE may participate the challenge, but the picture of JUDGE will be comment by 2nd and 3rd WINNER, and there is no podium place for JUDGE's picture. *** New Rules ***
11. The Facilitator (in this case scomatic) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
12. Closing date for the challenge is Monday at midnight in your time zone, this will encourage people to snap the picture during weekend and post it up on next days. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks JUDGE. ** Amendment **

JUDGE need to provide either with Option A or Option B or Both AB options criteria when during JUDGEMENT *** New Rules ***:

OPTION A (Just provide 1-10 point on each criteria and average out is the overall point)
Technical criteria
- Exposure Focus/sharpness
- Colour and/or tonal rendition
- Contrast
- Lighting

Visual and aesthetic criteria
- Framing and choice of viewpoint
- Background
- Design elements and principles
- Visual impact

Content
- Emotion / Mood /Feeling
- Relevance

Viewer’s response
- Excitement
- Interest

OPTION B (Good / Bad comment)
Example:
the good: Composition is perfect, I like your lighting. blah blah blah
the bad: I think leveling the horizon would be better, the blown out highlights on top left are distracting to me. blah blah blah.

The sea is a place of great drama and moods. A photographer can’t control what will happen when shooting a seascape but can be observant and wait for the right moments. Everything can be taken in consideration; people in the shots, rocks, the beach, the sky.

Useful Tips:
Seascape Photography Tips - Digital Photography School

Sample picture:

This is the last Landscape theme weekly challenge before making everyone bored out...
Hope u all can enjoy and learn new thing in this challenge too...
Views: 1,975
05-14-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I did not think I would be able to participate in this, then I remembered I took a few shots along the beach at Magee Marsh on Lake Erie on Tuesday. It's a little ironic that one of the biggest birding areas in the United States sits in the shadow of a nuclear power plant. Hopefully this counts as a seascape.

05-14-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful examples Scomatic! As there is no sea coast within about 600 miles I'll have to sit this one out. Great shot, Tom. The Great Lakes-St Lawrence Seaway is the Fourth Coast, so I'd think it would count.
05-16-2015, 11:01 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, I'm also about 600km away from the nearest beach, so I'll have to sit this one out, unless it is changed to something like "seascape, inland waterscapes/lakes etc There is an artificial beach about 200km away but that would be cheating

05-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #5
Pentaxian

As the judge this week I'll also accept 'Lake scapes' Or even still water, like puddles etc. Lets just keep it to natural phenomena though. I don't want pictures of wading pools or swimming pools. Of course you can post whatever you want. Just a head's up on what I consider fair.
05-20-2015, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
At last but at least..

05-20-2015, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I've gone with this one...

Where the Glacial Champlain Sea Lapped It's a seascape of sorts. The view is toward the St. Lawrence Valley, which 10,000 years ago was occupied by the Champlain Sea, and I'm standing on a relic beach of one delta lobe. Pentax K-5IIs, M-28mm/2.8, f/16, 1/90s, ISO 80.

Last edited by Tamia; 05-26-2015 at 04:45 AM.
05-21-2015, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is a view of the south coast of England at Durlston in Dorset taken last Sunday. As you can see, the weather was fair and thus not the right conditions for big waves and foamy action which are more usual here once "English weather" sets in. We went walking along the coast and then, here is a view. The K3 came out. I wasn't really there with the intention of doing a seascape and this is the closest I can get without people in it. Since we live quite a long way from the sea we are rarely there, but I noticed the comp and thought, well, that is a bit of synchronicity, we've just got back from the seaside. I do like the sense of the wind sweeping across the water, though. It's a fab area. We have already booked another weekend there in June.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Normhead-and seeing that this has not been closed yet, I'll take a chance with this one. Zoo Lake.
05-25-2015, 09:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
At last but at least..
Where is this place?
05-26-2015, 08:57 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Judging is starting so stay tuned.
05-26-2015, 06:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member