Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 35 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
#326 June 2nd - June 9th "Arrangement"
Posted By: Dieterson, 06-01-2015, 03:38 PM

"Arrangement"

This week is about photos that you have composed. It can be a still-life, but it can contain one or more living beings just as well - as long as you have arranged their appearance in the picture. It is about making a picture, not just taking it.

Your arrangement can be placed in a neutral environment, the natural environment of the subject(s) or in a totally different one - it is up to you.

This challenge will run till Midnight June 9th. I'll be away and won't have time to judge earlier anyway...

Rules:

1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Photos from any Pentax camera (film, compact, DSLR, etc.) -- or a Samsung DSLR -- are allowed.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Some samples.....
as usual, these samples represent only a small selection of what could be a good implementation of the topic. Go ahead, be creative!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo   

Views: 3,030
06-03-2015, 04:28 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
I am sure you are correct.
I read an article recently which stated that over 95% of all professional insect photography is done with dead animals. I guess this says it all.

06-03-2015, 08:33 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My $0.68 worth. Somewhat random, but arranged nevertheless. I was trying out the quasi-macro on the Sigma 70-300. Reached in my pocket and plopped some coins on a manila folder near the window. I liked the layout and as I recall I did not touch them. This is the warmer version.

06-05-2015, 04:47 AM - 2 Likes   #18
Veteran Member

You can't compare ....

Here's an old one that fits the theme

Last edited by daacon; 06-05-2015 at 05:38 AM.
06-08-2015, 04:26 AM - 3 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Was at a loss for some inspiration for the Single in Challenge, when I saw the communion cups that we had just used earlier in the morning, and played around with them them in some light and shadows. This one I reckon was the best, and chosen too for that days Singles in Challenge shot.

06-09-2015, 06:20 AM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Was at a loss for some inspiration for the Single in Challenge, when I saw the communion cups that we had just used earlier in the morning, and played around with them them in some light and shadows. This one I reckon was the best, and chosen too for that days Singles in Challenge shot.
Nicely done, very interesting image. I'm thinking now how I can replicate it with my own twist.
06-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you Joe_M.
06-10-2015, 01:05 AM   #22

Original Poster
This challenge is closed. I will try to come up with the winners quickly.

06-10-2015, 05:12 AM   #23

Original Poster
Winners can be found >here< !