Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winner Project 52 52-7-22-Natural - Go Green
Posted By: normhead, 06-09-2015, 12:14 PM

I have to say, since these things come down to the judges preference that Diterson's image is my kind of image... so I've selected him to come in second, putting him in position to be the alternate judge if the winner can't for some reason perform judgeing duties next week.

And the winner this week is the green parrot. It's totally unfair that a guy has a green parrot in his yard the week green is the subject and the rest of us are at a total disadvantage, but look at how he got that eye and beak in sharp focus. And sometimes, life is just unfair. You can't penalize a guy because he makes the most of his opportunities. That's impressive. So our winner is ars.

Second place

Special mentions to

smf's smurf capture has the edge in the humour department for sure...ro
Rimfiredude's photojournalism was not quite within the rules, but still a valuable contribution...
MAS_ttl again, not quite within the rules (may 23 is outside the contest window, and submitted two images), but very compelling images... I quite like the second image

and thanks to everyone else who entered. It was another excellent week.
Views: 1,585
06-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #2
ars
Forum Member

I'm really happy Thanks to all participants and to normhead for judging! Unfortunately I don't have a backyard with parrots, so I had to visit local Zoo)) (this, however, also makes some challenges to take a photo without people and human-made things). I'll try to do my best for judging next week (this will be my first time)!
06-09-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought that would be the winner this week, its a great shot. Ars, congratualtions. I'd be interested to know though, why you did not crop that branch out on the left? or remove it in PP. Can you remember what kind of bird that is-I suspect it is not a parrot, but a Conure. I had one for a few years.
Congrats too Dieterson.
Thanks Normhead for the judging exercise.
06-09-2015, 05:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks Normhead for punctuality judging...

Congrate to Dieterson! Great parrot posting!

06-09-2015, 06:40 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Ars and Dieterson, both great photos, and fine job Norm! Well done photos by everybody else too.
06-10-2015, 01:21 AM   #6

Who could resist such a charming and flattering look?
Congratulations to ars, it is a great capture indeed!

Thank you Norm for the judging and the kind words on my picture. Second place is awesome, especially as there were quite some other good photos.
06-13-2015, 09:48 AM   #7
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to all, and thanks to Norm for judging and for commenting on my photo.