Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners - Weekly Challenge #60: Sunrises
Posted By: frank, 06-11-2008, 10:01 PM

Here is the original thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games/29081-weekly-challe...-sunrises.html

This round we got 22 legit entries (Sorry again Dave, your entry came in abit too late), all are beautifully taken. You guys made the job really hard, and I do wish I was the one who took those great photos

Anyways, here are some of my favorites (in the order they appeared in the challenge thread):

James, an excellent capture. I'd love to see the same scene taken by/ a longer lens too

Bill, beautiful and peaceful morning, I bet you enjoyed every moment of such a beautiful morning there.

Ansbert, what a beautiful view you got here. This one would've made to top three if the Sun wasn't too bright.

And here are the winners.

Third - by Chip (ChipB):
Magnificent sky! Great capture on this one. Chip, I bet even your dog would love to see such beautiful sunrise

Second - by Eddie (mingdie):
Beautiful sky like it's on fire. What a treat to the eyes for an early winter morning. Really love it.

Winner - by Jey (DJey):
Just one word: FANTASTIC!

One thing though, the EXIF says it's taken at 6:34pm, but I guess you forgot to adjust the date/time on your camera before you took this shot?

Okay Jey, it's your turn now.

Cheers and happy shooting!
Views: 3,135
06-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow! Thanks!!!!!!!
Will I be the one to create the next thread for Challenge #61? And am I going to choose the topic?
06-12-2008, 03:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you Frank and congrats to Jey. Great shot.

Cheers
Eddie
06-12-2008, 03:38 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Great shots everyone. Congrats to all especially the top 3.

Djey. Yes you host the next one. Just cut and paste the rules from the last one and then update the info, like what you want us to shoot, dates, previous themes and so on. Post an example if you have one of the theme for the week.

Post it in this forum:
Mini-Challenges and Games - PentaxForums.com

Here's the outline of the "rules" and you just edit the red stuff and add anything else you want to give as guidelines:

Weekly Challenge #60: Sunrises
Welcome to the Weekly Challenge #60: Sunrises

I'd love to see your best sunrise photos here in this competition.

Please submit entries till midnight GMT on Monday, Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008.

HAVE FUN!

The rules are as always:

The rules:
1. Post ONE photo (max 1000x1000, I prefer bigger sized ones ) as a response to THIS post.
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme. It can be colour or B&W, your choice.
3. You can offer as much or as little additional information as you wish, but I'd be interested to know the location/event/whatever being depicted.
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and chose 1 of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. The challenge runs for 7 days plus a day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax camera will do or a Samsung DSLR.

Previous Challenge Subjects:
1-Statues, 2-Wheels, 3-Speed, 4-Peace, 5-Survival, 6-Macro, 7-Mountains, 8-Children, 9-Post Processing, 10- Windows & Doors, 11-Sport, 12-Urban Landscape, 13-Wisdom, 14-Power, 15-Music, 16-Pathways, 17-Lines, 18-Storm, 19-Boats, 20-Water, 21 - Golden Hour, 22 - Natural Lighting, Portraits, 23-Motion Blur, 24-Simplicity, 25-Color, 26-Cars, 27-Repetition, 28-Wildlife, 29-Epiphany, 30-Contrast, 31-Pets, 32-Landscapes, 33-Coastal, 34-Churches, 35-Bridges, 36-Creation, 37-Still Life: Food, 38-At the Zoo, 39-Wide Aperture, 40-Merry Christmas, 41- Sunsets, 42-Action, 43-Fireworks, 44-Manipulated Light Portraits, 45- Advertising/Product Shot, 46- B&W Street Shooting, people/buildings, 47-Vanishing Point, 48-Reflection, 49-Tranquility, 50-Expressions, 51-S Curve, 52-Hands, 53-Shadows, 54-Your Favorite Beverage, 55-Barriers, 56-Perspective, 57-Night Scenes, 58-Zen-like...Water and Stone, 59-Modern architecture, 60 - Sunrises

I'll start w/ mine (taken during a trip to Taiwan: Sunrise at Sun-Moon-Lake, Ds+DA1645):

06-12-2008, 11:15 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations all. Some great shots here.
and congrats Frank.....its not easy judging on of these.
06-14-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank You!

Considering the quality of the work I've seen on just this site, I feel truely honored to have placed in the top 3! Thank you very much.