Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
318 Commitment Winners
Posted By: mattb123, 06-30-2015, 01:51 PM

Lots of good entries and different interpretations here. Good job to everyone who entered!
Contest thread is here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/298153-weekly...ommitment.html

The winner is charliezap! That was a well executed image that clearly shows an interesting take on the theme. Nice work!

Second is SpecialK and this was very close. If I could see her eyes this could have won so you were ever so slightly edged out. A great shot as-is too.

Third is Kerrowdown for another great shot. This could have almost been a three way tie, but that would be too messy and someone should win.

Strong work from you three and good stuff all around. Here are my comments on them all:

Rimfiredude - An interesting take on the theme. I would have liked to see some facial expressions, but the nature of the activity might make that impossible or dangerous. It's an effective documentary image for sure but I'm not really clear what the commitment is here. Is it the camera man? The shooter?

Outis - This is a nice image and I'm a fan of climbing and shadows. My problem with it is he is hanging on belay, seemingly uncommitted to his climb. I realize he might have just finished it but the image doesn't really tell me that.

simon_199 - It's a nice image of the foreground car but I with the heads weren't cut off from the background guys. I understand the commitment here but I'm not convinced the shot expresses it to me.

atupdate - This shows commitment on both the part of the skater getting vertical and the photographer putting herself potentially in harms way to get the shot. The aesthetics are good, but could be better. I'd like to see the skater's shadow, for example.

charliezap - This is good, I LOL'd. Clearly these two or at least the driver is over committed! The rain came out great and I can tell it's pouring and I can just imagine the words (or even the dreaded silence) between these two. Her pushing also shows her commitment to him.

Kerrowdown - this photo is nicely executed in terms of focus, DOF, and light. His level of commitment is painfully obvious! This guy is going to reach his goal or die trying! It looks agonizing and I know the feeling!

ramseybuckeye - a nice photo and obviously a high level of commitment!

tessfully - Dreamer looks like a sweet old soul and your commitment to him shows. Good luck with the inevitable, I think your job now is to just continue to make him happy. It's a nice photo too.

normhead - cute pups and I can see a a patient and playful look in the older dog's eye.

SpecialK - Wow! She's all in! Looks like she is having quite a birthday! I would have liked to see her eyes for a little more expression but he face is still pretty expressive without being able to see them.

K David - sweet photo of this dog and someone he clearly loves. I love the eye contact and sharpness of the dog's eye.

sealonsf - nice wildlife shot! Is this in the wild or captivity? The tight crop works pretty well and the light is pretty good.

noelcmn - Yes, the tongue is good! I like his helmet too. I'm not sure how much commitment this shows, but we could definitely infer it from his determined look.

noelpolar - I'm just accepting the first photo since that is the format of the contest. I like the shot, it's well composed, sharp, and shows some great scale. The kite boarder is definitely committed at this stage!
Views: 1,365
06-30-2015, 05:17 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm honored and humbled to have won the challenge.I didn't have much to pick from but I guess that all it takes is one that fits the theme-Congrats to SpecialK and Kerrowdown and to MattB for a fine job of judging.Now I have to think of a theme by hopefully tomorrow.---charliezap
06-30-2015, 06:56 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Charies, a great photo of a not so great event! Aslo congrats to SpecialK and Kerrowdown. Great job with the judging and challenge Matt!
06-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats charliezap! Great shot.

And regarding this question:
sealonsf - nice wildlife shot! Is this in the wild or captivity? The tight crop works pretty well and the light is pretty good.

It's in the wild in the Serengeti. Great experience and lots of great memories.

07-11-2015, 04:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My hat is off to the winners! Nicely done guys.