Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
WINNERS - Project 52 52-7-26-Natural - Street photography
Posted By: Dieterson, 07-20-2015, 02:27 PM

First of all, sorry that judgeing took me so long. Quite some of my colleagues are on holidays, leaving the rest of us rather busy.

Here we go:

noelcmn:
I like the mist, it adds a lot of atmosphere to the picture!
Special Bonus Award for submitting in the original time frame! ;-)

galelegg:
It is nice that there are still some hints of green in the picture. Abstract photo, but interesting.

ChristianRock:
I like this picture very much, it tells a story. Good that the picture captures more than just the fountains: the empty park area shows that indeed everyone is seeking relieve from the sun's heat in the water. Also, the colors fit well to the summer fun theme of the picture.

ramseybuckeye:
An ordinary street scene. And still, so many interesting details to discover! One of these pictures that get the better, the longer you spend time with it. I enjoyed it!

GrimWolf:
Nice picture, i like especially the people in the background. What do they think of the busker and the music? My guesses would be, from left to right: interested, likes it / neutral, pure background music for him / rather critical / lost in thought, probably does not even notice the music.
Special Bonus Award for teaching me a new english word: busker! ;-)

scomatic:
I like this picture very much! Strong expression in the face. Black&white fits well, and a really nice bokeh!

jcdoss:
Similar to GrimWolf's picture, I really like the faces and expressions of the audience. A very authentic street picture.
Sorry, no Special Busker Bonus Award for you, GrimWolf was faster. ;-)

The Winners:

I had two favourites this week. Two very different picture styles, almost impossible to compare, thet alone made it difficult to decide. Finally, the weather helped me to decide, we have had 39°C (102°F) here in Austria last weekend. And so, this week's winner is ChristianRock's fountain, followed very close by scomatic's b&w portrait. Third place goes to ramseybuckeye, because his picture turned out to be so much more than I first thought. Congratulations, everyone!

First place: ChristianRock

Second place: scomatic

Third place:
ramseybuckeye

Views: 1,448
07-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you for the kind comments Dieterson and thanks for judging this challenge. Great pictures by all, and particularly by scomatic and ramseybuckeye. And I'd like to mention jcdoss - loved that picture, man! I think it's a very fine street photography example. I know how hard it is to use a tele for street but you made it work so well!
07-20-2015, 07:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Christianrock and scomatic, well done! Thanks Dieterson for the nice comments and a great challenge!
07-20-2015, 11:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Well done ChristianRock and ramseybuckeye, and u all actually did better than me,,, keep the good work,,,
Dieterson - thanks your advice and comment...

07-21-2015, 03:44 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations ChristianRock, Scomatic and Ramseybuckeye. Greats shots all round here, our Judge got it right I reckon. Thanks Dieterson for the judging exercise. Great stuff.