Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
52-7-34-Subject-Glass
Posted By: scomatic, 10-06-2015, 02:54 AM

PROJECT 52-7-34- Subject-Glass

Images for Project 52-7-34 are to be taken between the 6 October 2015 Tuesday and 13 October 2015.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-7 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its
acceptance is dependent on the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for
those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather,
travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-7
10. JUDGE may participate the challenge, but the picture of JUDGE will be comment by 2nd and 3rd WINNER, and there is no podium place for JUDGE's picture. *** New Rules ***
11. The Facilitator (in this case scomatic) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
12. Closing date for the challenge is Monday at midnight in your time zone, this will encourage people to snap the picture during weekend and post it up on next days. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks JUDGE. ** Amendment **

JUDGE need to provide either with Option A or Option B or Both AB options criteria when during JUDGEMENT *** New Rules ***:

OPTION A (Just provide 1-10 point on each criteria and average out is the overall point)
Technical criteria
- Exposure Focus/sharpness
- Colour and/or tonal rendition
- Contrast
- Lighting

Visual and aesthetic criteria
- Framing and choice of viewpoint
- Background
- Design elements and principles
- Visual impact

Content
- Emotion / Mood /Feeling
- Relevance

Viewer’s response
- Excitement
- Interest

OPTION B (Good / Bad comment)
Example:
the good: Composition is perfect, I like your lighting. blah blah blah
the bad: I think leveling the horizon would be better, the blown out highlights on top left are distracting to me. blah blah blah.

Overview:
Taking good quality pictures of glass or translucent objects can seem a great deal of fun actually. There are some simple techniques which even amateur photographers can use to obtain dramatic results with minimal effort. The following examples show several basic setups that should allow anyone to achieve results they can be proud of. The first technique is a favorite of many hired professionals who need to get instant, fast, clean shots of clear glass using a graduated background. The underlighting technique covered, is a personal favorite of mine, and where I believe the fun comes in! Working with underlighting and/or backlighting. Under lighting and/or backlighting translucent glass or acrylic objects can give you very dramatic, impressive results.The other techniques discussed illustrate dark field and light field photography (don’t be intimidated by the terminology the techniques are actually quite simple). The technique you choose depends on the style you prefer and the results you are trying to achieve.

A CLEVER WAY TO PHOTOGRAPH GLASS
please refer to here

Sample Picture

Views: 1,890
10-06-2015, 06:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another set of fabulous examples Scomatic. This one should garner more support!
10-06-2015, 07:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Another set of fabulous examples Scomatic. This one should garner more support!
hopefully...
10-11-2015, 10:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Huh!? Another cool theme again? OMG~~~~

10-12-2015, 02:10 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stop stressing, another 24 hours to go! Still busy with mine.
10-12-2015, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by noelcmn; 10-12-2015 at 09:15 AM.
10-21-2015, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Past it's time, but I may have one up in 20-30 minutes.

EDIT: OK here it is. A stacked 2-shot image to get both sides of a #83 Mercury Vapor Rectifier Tube under test.

Mercury Vapor Glow

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by jheu02; 10-21-2015 at 02:25 PM.
11-16-2015, 07:53 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi All...

Sorry for MIA in a month... now just came back... do anyone missing me?

Oh ya... i'm doubt the subject type competitor will be very cool... and tend not much people might interested.. How we should do next? Any advise?
11-17-2015, 07:28 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was beginning to wonder. Anywho, probably best to just come out with the next Project and you be the judge as the one hosting the project. That would seem fair and get us back on track.
11-18-2015, 12:38 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i'm thinking it became another weekly challenges series... Actually i have few challenges... how about u all pick?

38 Subject Car
39 Subject Catching people unaware
40 Subject Celebration
41 Subject History
42 Subject Modern Classic
43 Subject Photos of People Taking Pictures
44 Subject Rust
45 Subject Self Portrait
46 Subject Shadows
47 Subject Showing Motion
48 Subject Sooo Cute
49 Subject Sooooo Funny
50 Subject Sports
51 Subject Vintage
52 Subject Water Droplets
53 Subject Zombie
11-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks good to me
11-18-2015, 08:50 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Looks good to me
Noel... u pick it, then i create the event..
11-19-2015, 01:12 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go with the order you have there- starting with cars! Been missing the Project 52 challenge.