Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners - Weekly Date Challenge #3 June 1
Posted By: and, 06-25-2008, 11:04 PM

So, judgement day. I will say this type of contest is harder to judge for me because there is no theme and any subject is ok so you can be judging a landscape vs a portrait vs an action shot vs etc.

I would like to thank all of those who entered and contributed to having some fun. It was nice seeing all your images.

I try my best to judge but at the end of the day Im not a professional critic so take it with a pinch of salt

So, someone has to win so lets get on with it.

Honorable mentions:
c13_: Lot of flower shots this contest adding some "wildlife" in is a nice touch to make it more interesting. exposure of the flower seems good too, it can be very hard with some flowes, strong colors of the petals can make some channels blow out, but not so in this shot.

Fritz: stopping down to isolate the flower, nicely done also good detail on some of the petals.

3rd place
gawan: I like the light here, it makes the flower pop out from the background because it is brighter and seems to get a bit of back light too so I think the subject is very well done, I think the composition could be a bit better, the one bud on the right hand side is especially distracting. But I really like the way the subject is done and how it seperates from the backound. nitpicking here really.

2nd place
maxwell1295: Altho a bit dark for my taste (or should I say for my monitor) the composition is good and shows you thought about it and I like some extra effort to make a flower picture stand out from the tens of thousands of flower pictures. Nice shot

Winner and host of the next challenge (drumroll):
kuuan: As I was looking over the images again to judge, this shot stopped me up the most, looking at it there are a lot of interesting things going on and as I was studying it I realized that I had found the winner. This is a shot u can study and wonder about, youve got this metal construction that is casting its pattern as a shadow and also being reflected, going down this hallway that seems infinite. Very interesting shot/observation. So congrats and good luck with hosting the next challenge. On to you.

Views: 3,038
06-26-2008, 02:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
2nd place....Cool! That's the first thing I've ever won here. Lots of good shot this week as usual. Congrats to all who participated...
06-26-2008, 03:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats everyone. A very good group of shots. kuuan, great shot!
06-26-2008, 03:46 AM   #4
and
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yep, shots were good. I have sendt off a PM to kuuan to inform him that he is the host of challenge #4

06-26-2008, 04:58 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Wow! Thanks for the mention, after seeing all the quality shots I figured that I had no chance. Now I'm really hooked, hopefully I can come up with something for the next date.
06-26-2008, 05:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member

thank you!

wow, just received and's Pm informing me that he had chosen my photo as the winner, what a surprise!
The surprise is that much greater as there are very good photos of great photographers in this thread, and because the day I posted this photo was the very first time I had submitted some photos in the mini-challenges and games forum.

I just started the Weekly challlenge # 4, please let me know if all is done correctly ( as mentioned I am new around here..)

thank you again for choosing my photo,

cheers,
Andreas

Last edited by kuuan; 06-26-2008 at 06:04 AM.
06-26-2008, 07:26 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Congrats to kuuan for the win, and the excellent photo. I really like that one too.
06-26-2008, 07:41 AM   #8
Veteran Member

thank's a lot Fritz,

hope to see your photo at the Weekly Date Challenge #4
and your's c13 ( Craig? ), Peter, gawan, and of many more!

cheers,
kuuan

06-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Andreas, thank you very much for the 3rd place, and the comment specially! I am a little embarrassed to be in such a great company of pictures. Great photos!

Congrats to all, and Kuaan, must say that your photo really hit me and deserves the 1rst place!
06-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #10
axl
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought that one would win, it's a stunning image...
congrats to all ....