Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS - Project 52-8-3 color - contrasting colors
Posted By: Dieterson, 01-30-2016, 05:31 PM

Hello everyone,

Sorry that I can post the winner only so late. Several things came together this week (well, mostly sick colleagues, whose work had to be done). Thanks Noel for reminding me!

Also a big thank you to all of you who have entered this competition. Every picture is a great interpretation of the topic. Not that this makes judgeing easier...

Here are my comments:

Scomatic:
Great capture of the firework, I know it is jot that easy as it looks to make good pictures of fireworks. The tree row is a nice detail, and the blurry lights reflecting on the water are a nice contrast to the sharp firework lines.

bobphoenix:
Blue, green, red. The whole spectrum of colours is there, and it is pleasant to look at. I feel the sunshine. I like also that the three colours have their own "shape": blue as diffuse background, green has the shape of edgy leaves and finally round red berries.

degral:
Clear and simple, I like that. The picture has all it needs. Two colours, and the writing is all it needs to make it interesting. I like that there is no shadow. No contrast in brightness makes the colour contrast even more prominent.

Tamia:
Ha ha, there is orange in the picture. I don't think my english is good enough to judge if this is a good or a bad pun. But as I tend to like puns no matter if they are good or bad... :-)
But at least it is a good idea to complement a blue plate with orange oranges, nothing else could be more appropriate. Also nice the extra contrast between the eaten and not eaten orange pieces.

noelcmn:
I like abstract photos in general, but for this week's theme I find it especially suitable. I like the shapes of the colours, and of course the water drops make the picture much more interesting. Well done!

jcdoss:
Same as I wrote for Noel: I like abstract photos in general, but for this week's theme I find it especially suitable. The texture suggests the picture was shot through some kind of cloth? Anyway, it it a great effect, makes it look more like an abstract painting, not a photo. Well done!

JensE:
Clear and simple, I like that. The more I look at this picture, the more I like it. The diffuse tree shapes make a great bachground for the sharp shape of the star. And the raindrops make it even better. The picture makes me dream.

ramseybuckeye:

Who whould have thought that an ugly, barely covered concrete ceiling makes such a wonderful image? The colours are amazing! Also one of these pictures that I like more and more the longer I look at it.

And here are the winners:

1st place and WINNER:
JensE:
Simply because I love to look at this picture.

2nd place:
jcdoss:
Because it is the purest interpretation of this week's topic.

3rd palce:
ramseybuckeye:
Most amazing colours.

Honourable Mentions:
Everyone else. I am serious with this. I think that this week all pictures were very close, and every picture was a very good interpretation of the topic.
Views: 858
01-30-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Jens, beautiful photo, and Jason Too! Dieterson, thanks for the third place and for this nice challenge, I agree, lots of good images in this challenge.
01-30-2016, 10:15 PM   #3
Forum Member

Congratulations to the winners!
01-31-2016, 04:25 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats JensE, that is a very -look-a-lot-longer image, very nice indeed-worhty winner. And extended to JcDoss and Tom. And agree, some fine images in this weeks challenge. Thanks Dieterson for the Judging exercise. Sorry to hear about the pressures at work. Hope you have a better week ahead.

01-31-2016, 08:45 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Sorry to hear about the pressures at work. Hope you have a better week ahead.
I'll be able to take a day off for the extra work last week. So, no worries :-)
02-01-2016, 03:56 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for finding the time to comment on all submissions Dieterson. I really liked how the theme was basically the opposite of the recent black and white (thanks Noel!) and was glad to get a reasonable submission in despite having had an extremely busy week, I wouldn't have thought it would be a match for Tamia's story telling, Noel's inspiring abstact study or degral's super clean, almost purely graphic submission but am of course very happy that Dieterson thought otherwise.
02-01-2016, 07:46 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations JensE for that lovely photo -- well spotted, intriguing and unusual subject, and also rich contrasting colors. Congratulations also to JC and Tom for your well deserved podium places. Thank you for taking the time to judge and comment on each photo, Dieterson. It's always a tough job, and harder when you're pressed for time.

Looking forward to the next P52!