Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Weekly Date Challenge Week 5 - April 1
Posted By: limitedvista, 07-03-2008, 09:17 AM

Photos taken on April 1st of this or any other year can be posted!

so here it is, the Weekly Date Challenge #5:

The date for challenge #5 is April 1

The winner for #5 will be picked on Friday July 11th

The winner each week will pick the next date and host the challenge and pick the winner.

Here are the rules which should carry forward from week to week

The rules:
1. Post ONE photo (max 800x800) as a response to THIS post and can be a digital photo or a scanned photo.
2. The photo must be taken on the date of the challenge and can taken in any year.
3. You can offer as much or as little additional information as you wish.
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The challenge host will pick the WINNERS and and the first place winner will host the next challenge and pick the next date.
6. The challenge runs for 7 days plus a day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax camera will do or a Samsung DSLR.

Previous Challenges (Winner): #1 March 17 (LaRee), #2 May 25 (and), #3 June 1 (kuuan), #4 june 8th (limitedvista), #5 April 1 (you)?

Waiting for your great shots, give it a try, go for it!

Hoping I did this right,
J (limitedvista)

Last edited by limitedvista; 07-03-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: change april 9 to april 1
Views: 4,066
07-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I shot this on April 1st
It looks like you can reach out and touch it...

07-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
It looks like you can reach out and touch it...
Thanks, and, btw, I like the rusty version better too in your photo, even if I have not seen the newly painted Great colours!
07-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #18
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
as promised

So after while I'm again able to play date chalenge.
No luck this year but in 2007 we went to have a ride on London eye. I had my K100D for a few months back then, but most of the shots are classic touristic snaps. Here is one that stands out though (at least I think).
I will let you judge...
PS: nevermind the exif, the date on my camera is not set correctly....
Attached Images

07-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Thanks, I have few sharper ones, but this is my personal favourite, because of the background.

And, btw, how did you shot that touching fingers picture, I have looked at it now repeatedly, cause I like it!
Yes, I think your shot is nice because it is not overly sharp -- that would not seem appropriate to the subject.

My hands were done one at a time by using an off-camera radio-triggered flash. I held the camera in one hand while extending the other. The light bounced mostly off the sofa which is also the red background. All I needed to do then was combine two hands in development.

I wanted a strong formal look but not so far gone that it lost the feeling that these were real hands.

07-08-2008, 05:09 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shot April 1 2007 DS, and my the trusty little "Z" (zenitar 16 mm fisheye). I had to wait about 20 minutes to get that shot, it was a Sunday, in DC, at the height of the Cherry Blossom Festival so there were tons and tons of people around. You have no idea how the peaceful serene look I was hoping to capture can be destroyed by a crying 4 year old an a harried mom.

NaCl(looks like there are lots of good entries so far)H2O
07-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Here is my entry for this date.

07-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Shot April 1 2007 DS, and my the trusty little "Z" (zenitar 16 mm fisheye). I had to wait about 20 minutes to get that shot, it was a Sunday, in DC, at the height of the Cherry Blossom Festival so there were tons and tons of people around. You have no idea how the peaceful serene look I was hoping to capture can be destroyed by a crying 4 year old an a harried mom.
NaCl(looks like there are lots of good entries so far)H2O
Well worth the wait to capture this one Salty. It is great!

07-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #23

Original Poster
A lot of great shots so far. You guys are making this tough.
One more day for any other entries. Keep them coming.
07-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Here is my entry for this date.
Amazing, have to say! How is that, is there an other flower sticking through the yellow one? Anyway I really like the contrasting colours!