Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
PROJECT 52-8-9- Lenses- Nifty Fifty
Posted By: noelcmn, 03-01-2016, 08:26 AM

Welcome to Project 52-8 for the year 2016. The theme for the next couple of weeks will be lenses. We all suffer from LBA, at one stage or another. Opportunity is given to show off our lenses. This week is Nifty Fifty, taken from the wonderful travelling Nifty Fifty thread. This is once again is quite open. as far as subject is concerned. The idea for this week is to use the lens near 50mm of focus length. You have a 50mm prime lens, good for you- this challenge is just for you. And of course the idea here is control of the lens.

My apologies, this week is a bit late. Too many things on the plate.

Images for Project 52-8-9 are to be taken between Monday 29 February 2016 through to Sunday 6th March 2016. Closing times is midnight in your time Zone.
[/COLOR]

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be to have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore. The theme/sub-concepts are chosen by the facilitator every week. You are only
required to submit a photo taken during the week of the challenge, and in keeping with the theme/sub-concept.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-8 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed. Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging. It is up to the discretion of the current weeks
Judge to accept or decline early/late entries i.e. a day earlier or a day late. Usually there is some flexibility here to allow as many entrants as possible. BUT
PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES TAKEN DAYS OR WEEKS OUTSIDE THE PERIOD OF THE CHALLENGE. TRY TO KEEP IT AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE
TO THE TIME FRAME.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next weeks Project 52-8 and may not participate in the challenge.
10. The host/facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.

Here are some fine examples from a previous similar challenge

And the winner of the Projecct 52-5-15-Nifty Fifty

Good luk and happy clicking.
Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/314730-projec...#ixzz41fCmRvKE
Views: 1,776
03-03-2016, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll enter this shot that I liked in B&W. I might change my mind later, but for now, this is it

Edit: Why did I take the shot? I was actually taking pictures of a bench and a flower vase at a park by the Chattahooche and had my 50mm on. Then the rowers came by and I just happened to point at them and shoot. The first shot is the one you see, basically a reaction shot, a "decisive moment" kind of thing. When I tried to actually compose they were pretty much gond - they were going too fast and the pictures weren't nearly as good.

Last edited by ChristianRock; 03-07-2016 at 08:03 AM.
03-05-2016, 06:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
sometimes when I'm at the desk, Fester the Cat likes to sit there for attention or to get his picture taken. This time was more for attention.

Last edited by ramseybuckeye; 03-07-2016 at 03:28 AM.
03-06-2016, 11:43 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Mine

03-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nothing much exciting found its way through my lens this week, and all I could come up with is a "kit lens" shot of pigeons on a cold morning...

Waiting for a Warm Sunrise Pentax K5IIs, DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.8 AL II @ 50mm, 1/500s, f8, ISO 80, hand-held. Cropped, no other PP but minor levels adjustment.

03-06-2016, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flowers are always popular, but this one was taken with the Travelling Nifty Fifty just a few days ago, before I packed it off to Beachgardener:
03-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I Love This Game! Taken with my FA 50, f5.6, 1/8, ISO 100

03-06-2016, 11:08 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Hmm.... i prefer to enter with this... the real Nifty Fifty camera lens, captured the real Nifty Fifty camera... hahaha

Last edited by scomatic; 03-09-2016 at 01:09 AM.
03-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
or can i join with this? which u all prefer?
Of course you can - it's taken at the right time with a nifty fifty! But make up your mind:
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Post your single picture in Project 52-8 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
Aside from the 'single picture', it would be nice if you wrote a line about the picture which you chose.
03-07-2016, 06:47 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm closing for submissions and will pick for the cheater