Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners - Weekly Challenge #63 - Bodies in Motion
Posted By: bigben91682, 07-08-2008, 01:54 PM

I want to thank everyone for their entries, a ton of great stuff makes this a tricky one to judge. I think, with the theme in mind, I arrived at my favorites with emotional response taking a front seat to technical prowess.

Honorable Mentions

mingdie: great shot in what are obviously difficult lighting conditions. I love the feeling of motion with the airborne blurred body. I must say the person in the air looks way to big to be tossed in such a way by your son!

daacon: great shot, a lot of fun. The motion is almost unnatural looking which, I think, adds intrigue to this picture. I also like the composition, all that room on the left suggests she has a long way to go.

Workingdog: Awesome capture - the panning is very nice and really gives you a sense of what kind of speed this dog can do. I also think I'm slightly biased toward this picture because I love German Shepards.....best dog I've ever had.

davef: really a neat shot, not often that you see such a tight framing of a swimmer, I like it in terms of composition and conveying a sense of motion.

Bactman: I'll admit it took me a second to really figure out what was so special about this picture, I looked at it for a while and didn't spot the cicada until I read you description. Great shot, lots of emotion, really a freeze frame of some good action.

rburgoss: Very cool skimboarding shot. That's what we call it in the states, I've tried it before and it is tricky, this guy looks to be really good to get that kind of air! I find his hair adds a neat aspect to the action as well.

And the winner is..........F-stop

This picture is not only beautiful by I find the motion aspects of it to be very unique. There is a sense of mystery about the whole thing and the image really spoke me, not sure I can explain it fully. The color and tonal variation is wonderful, and the scenery is quite unique, stonehengesque?. I agree with dave that if you had a faster shutter, this wouldn't be the picture that it is. Contrats and I turn the reins over to you!

Views: 2,118
07-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Congrats to all, especially to the winner.
07-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats to all the HM's and entrants. Great series of shots and tough to judge. great final picks bigben91682.

Congrats F-Stop, excellent photo.
07-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the HM - congrats to all that entered and F-stop for the winning entry.

07-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Congrats to all and I agree on the winning shot...
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks for the HM and congrats to the others. I like the final choice -- great image F-Stop!
07-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

There really were a lot of very nice shots this week and I thank bigben for the honorable mention. The winner is great; the Stonehenge vibe and the blurred figure really make the photo. Nice job F-stop.
07-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Winning shot for me has echos of the famous Robert Capa Spanish civil War image American Masters . Robert Capa | PBS
Anyway well done all on contributions and on final selection.

07-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Thanks everyone for the comments and kudos and to BigBen for the final selection. I would like to thank my Parents and the weather and of course Pentax for providing the technology at hand to capture the winning image.

I honestly never saw this shot as anything that would win any awards let alone a weekly photo contest but I guess it really fit with the theme. The pack rat that I am I thought about deleting it but decided against. I didn't have a lot of shots with movement let alone a single person as the subject. For anyone wondering I do have this same image but without the person taken a few seconds later.

Great work everyone! I'd have a hard time selecting from the final pic's above, now I have to judge a whole contest myself, oh dear what have I gotten myself into.