Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Weekly Challenge Weekly Challenge #346 - Juxtaposition RESULTS
Posted By: rod_grant, 04-03-2016, 04:18 AM

Thank you to all who contributed.
It is interesting to see the spin that different minds can put on the same subject.
Some hit the topic fairly between the eyes, others were more subtle: and isn't that why photography is still alive and well?
I enjoyed looking at them all.
The winning images are of course my choices, and you might differ markedly - and once again there is a reason why photography is a still live and well!

Before I reveal, let me say that slowpez (Susan) withdrew on account of being without internet for some time, and I did like her picture of the two fishers!

3rd place I have given to jchorst: You have thought outside the square here - the relative positions of two very different buildings admirably meets the brief. The twist you put on it by recording only the reflection of the older spire was a nice innovative touch.

Runner up I have given to Tessfully: The contrast between the size shape and colour of the old leaf and new leaf is striking. My first thought of the subject would be that the contrasting objects should be different, however Tess you have captured the essence of the brief beautifully with two leaves on the same plant. Well done.

...and the winner is...

RollsUp; I kept coming back to the birds in flight that are obviously not happy in each other's company and which meets the brief on multiple levels; different birds, different colours, different attitudes. Was it one of those carefully and painstakingly crafted images, or was it an opportunistic shot. It doesn't matter - I loved it.
Congratulations RollsUp.

Views: 2,175
04-03-2016, 04:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations to the winners and to all who participated. Many thanks to the judge. I kinda knew that pic will win since I first saw it.

Now waiting for RollsUp to roll up the next challenge
04-03-2016, 05:12 AM   #3

Congratulations all
04-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to the winners. Thanks Rod for hosting. Great photos all.

04-03-2016, 10:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Congratulation Rodney (RollsUp), that is a wonderful image. Also congrats to Christoph (jchorst); spectacular!! And, I am so thrilled that you liked my photo Rod. When going through my images for your contest I can across this file I had never processed, still in RAW and I was so pleased with the colours and juxtaposition of leaves at various stages of growth. Thank you for the honours of second place and for hosting the challenge. There were many great entries.
04-03-2016, 11:30 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Rodney/rollsup on that superlative photo of two birds who are majestic, each in his/her own way. Congratulations also to Tess on your beautiful photo of the delicate young leaves fresh and sharp amongst the mature ones, and to Christoph/jchorst for your interpretation of the theme, a multilayered shot with much to hold the eye. Rod, thanks for hosting and the fascinating theme.
04-04-2016, 09:32 AM   #7
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulation to the winners and to all who participated.

04-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Thank you rod_grant for choosing my photo as the winner. I honestly didn't think it would win with all the amazing entries being submitted. Congratulations tessfully and jchorst for placing.
I'll try and think of a theme for the next challenge today.
04-04-2016, 12:50 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations tessfully and RollsUp - great shots and worthy winners. Thank you Rod for awarding me third place - and for hosting a really inspiring contest. Enjoyed it!
04-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Challenge #347 is up. Have fun!
04-10-2016, 10:25 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Congrats RollsUp. Wonderful shot. Congrats also to JCHorst and Tess. Enjoyed the challenge and hope to be able to post something tomorrow for the next one but we just got back a few minutes ago and we are off again on Tuesday after a whirlwind trip to the upstate of SC so am still pretty much unavailable again although we may luck up with internet next week. Never can tell.