Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winners #347 - Natural Abstracts
Posted By: RollsUp, 04-23-2016, 12:42 AM

First let me apologize profusely for judging this challenge at a very late time. I completely forgot that I could hand off the judging to the previous challenge 2nd place winner. To get this challenge back on track I will post only winners.For the rest of you I thank you for entering this challenge and I enjoyed every one of your entries.

tied for 3rd Tamia and Bruce Clark

2nd tessfully

1st LondonWombat

Again I apologize for the late judging.
Views: 2,012
04-23-2016, 01:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats, Tamia, Bruce, Tess and LWombat.
It would be nice to see something of the what-the-heck-is-it nature of some of the entries. (I pictured Tess's as a sunlit pineapple in an icy river - but I could be wrong about the pineapple!!)
I was astounded by some of the images.

And Rodney - a really great topic: much better than your plan B of a recent image from Antarctica.
Thanks for hosting.
04-23-2016, 04:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations LondonWombat! That is a gorgeous image! I have tried shots like that with no success. The lighting focal points and organized chaos are very appealing. Congratulations to Tamia and Bruce as well. Your images really inspire and motivate Thanks Rodney for the great challenge and for judging. I understand life can get in the way of the internet!!! No worries. Thanks again.

Okay LondonWombat... can't wait to see what you pull out of your burrow!
04-23-2016, 05:08 AM   #4
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to everyone who posted such excellent images.

Thanks for the challenge and judging, Rodney.

04-23-2016, 06:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations LondonWombat. I have seen photos of those seed pods many times but none to match yours. Well done. Congrats also to Tess, Tamia, and Bruce. Well done guys. Thanks also to Rolls-up for a great challenge.
04-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations everybody! Great job!
04-24-2016, 01:28 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Londonwombat, stunning image. And extended to Tess, Tamia and Bruce Clarke. What an excellent challenge, well worth a few more views, with so many excellent entries. Thanks RollsUp, great challenge and and for the judging exercise.

04-24-2016, 07:05 PM   #8
Forum Member

Wow, thanks everyone for the accolades and thanks to Rollsup for nominating me as first place. I saw so many great photos I never thought I'd be on the podium.
Give me 24 hrs and I'll have a topic.
Great photos everyone, I really liked looking at them. If anyone is interested I can email you a link to more of my milkweed seed photos (I'm not sure if I am allowed to post blog links in this contest forum).

Cheers,
JP
04-24-2016, 10:42 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As far as I know there are no rules against that. Would be interesting!
04-25-2016, 02:57 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Certainly a great topic and to judge by the number of excellent entries a very popular one. Thanks to Rollsup for including me in the top 4, it was a truly unexpected result.

For those interested in what it is. There is a little place in New Zealand's South Island called "The Chasm" on the road to the world famous Milford Sound. In the words on a plaque at the site "The finest workers in stone are not copper or steel tools but the gentle touches of air and water working at their leisure with a liberal allowance of time - David Thoreau"

My submission is a rock that has been worked by water over millions of years, photographed from above.
04-25-2016, 04:33 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations London Wombat! Very appealing photo for so many reasons and a well deserved win. Tess, yours is a super clear -- icy clear? -- mesmerizing abstract. Congrats also to Bruce for the (unless I miss my guess) river or shore potholes, a remarkable natural phenomenon so well portrayed here. Thanks to Rodney/RollsUp for including my wave photo in the lineup, and also for hosting this challenge. You chose a subject that really brought out the best from people. I enjoyed each and every entry.
04-25-2016, 05:12 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad I didn't have to judge-what a quandry! Great images winners, a pleasure to view.
04-25-2016, 05:35 AM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
As far as I know there are no rules against that. Would be interesting!
Oh yes, there are. Londonwombat can post a link in his signature but unless he's a site supporter he can't post a link to his blog in a post.

See this rule Noel:
QuoteQuote:
All members may post links to personal sites/blogs in their signature lines. Site Supporters may also include links to their personal photography related site or blog in the body of posts if it is relevant to the post.
Sorry Londonwombat to burst your bubble but.........

And congrats on your first place win. And congrats to Tess, Tamia, and Bruce.
04-25-2016, 06:48 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Photolady95. Learned something today about PF.
04-25-2016, 06:49 PM   #15
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Oh yes, there are. Londonwombat can post a link in his signature but unless he's a site supporter he can't post a link to his blog in a post.

See this rule Noel:

Sorry Londonwombat to burst your bubble but.........

And congrats on your first place win. And congrats to Tess, Tamia, and Bruce.
Ok, I thought so about the links in post. I can fully understand. If anyone wants a link to more of my photos on milkweed seeds, just msg me and I'll send a link. Again, glad to be amongst so many talented photographers.
Cheers,
JP