Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Project 52 PROJECT 52-8-18 - SHAPES-Spirals WINNERS
Posted By: assa1, 05-09-2016, 10:12 AM

Hi all,

Thank you all for your effort. I am not a pro photographer so the judgement is based on my subjective reflections. Please note that english is not my native language so it is difficult for me to translate my emotions I feel looking at your pictures.
Ok, some impressions now:

ChristianRock: The main subject of your photo is interesting. It is well placed within the frame. And made me laugh. Nice job anyway.

Eva: Well done too. I like the theme and composition. Unfortunately, due to DOF which is too deep in my opinion, the spiral element of toy, which is the main subject I presume, became dilluted in background. It is a pity because, as I mentioned, theme and composition is interesting.

Brewmaster 15: Well done. The subject is definitely spiral, clearly visible and carefully placed within the frame. I like DOF-it's just as deep as should be in my opinion. Different shades of green creates an atmosfere of dark, soaked throught forest. Well done.

Slowpez: I can't belive you gave up because your picture is pretty good. The spiral structure is well visible. Well done.

Djb47: You made a trivial plain trivet quite mysterious object. Hope you will tell us how you made it. Well done.

Noelcmn: Beautiful Eland with beautiful horns. Impressive effort.

JensE: Keep looking for and you will finally find what you are looking for. So you did. Well done.

Jcdoss: Good idea with white spiral structure and 2 black keys which suggest the structure may be tuned somehow. Well done.

And now the results:

First: Brewmaster15 and his fern.

Second goes to Slowpez

And tied for third: Djb47 and JensE (in alphabetical order)

Honourable mention to Noelcmn and his eland.

It is better to shoot them with long telephoto than Remington .303

Thank you very much for participation. My warm congratulation to the winners andall participants. On behalf of Noelcmn, I do invite you to this week edition of Project52.
Views: 1,235
05-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to the winners, especially to brewmaster15, As indicated earlier this was eye-opening for me - indeed helping me recognize the unfolding fern during a bicycle tour on Thursday. Special thanks Janek for helping out with judgement, your picture was the other one really standing out for me with great composition and tonal scale.
05-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is indeed a great shot- green always appeals to me. Congratulations Brewmaster15. And extended to Slowpez, Djb47 and JensE. Loved all the photos in this weeks Project 52. Thanks for the judging exercise Assa1 and for the HM. And oh, if you shot that eland with a Remington, you will be in prison for a long time-its a zoo specimen. Now to get some curves.
05-09-2016, 11:11 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
That is indeed a great shot- green always appeals to me. Congratulations Brewmaster15. And extended to Slowpez, Djb47 and JensE. Loved all the photos in this weeks Project 52. Thanks for the judging exercise Assa1 and for the HM. And oh, if you shot that eland with a Remington, you will be in prison for a long time-its a zoo specimen. Now to get some curves.
I didn't mean this particular one. In general it is better to shot wild animals in our way not the hunter's...

05-09-2016, 02:03 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Brewmaster, that fern was just so beautifully done and not as easy to capture as one would think. Djb, I thought your treatment of the trivet to be fantastic. The narrow Dof made the everyday something so special. Jense, the spirals in your shot seem to go on and on. I am glad to hear that Noel's eland is safe. Enjoyed the challenge very much and thanks to Assa for the second place nod. There were so many fine entries that it made it that much more special. Trying to find some curves now.
05-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #6
eva
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congratulations to winners,all participiants and Assa1for judging.
05-10-2016, 03:36 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you very much everyone! This was my first time participating in a photo contest here...so very excited. Everyone had some really great images entered. Very creative ,insightful and beautiful. Thanks to everyone that participated in this and to Assa1 for judging it.

Al

05-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to the winners. Well deserved 1st Al.

Thanks for the comments assa1 and Susan.

I used Wirl Photo Effect to get the spiral swirl border on my photo. You can find it here: https://www.tuxpi.com/photo-effects/swirl
05-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Al/brewmaster15 for your win -- wonderful photo of the unfurling fern, showing all the details of the tiny fronds yet to open out. Congratulations to Susan, Djb47 and Jens, and Noel, too. Janek/assa1, thanks for your thoughtful and well articulated judging -- and for substituting for me. Really interesting and well thought-out photos this P52 from everyone.
05-10-2016, 09:33 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Thanks to assa for judging and congrats to all winners and all participants! I'm glad to be participating in this challenge again!