Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 70 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
WEEKLY CHALLENGE # 351- The "K" word
Posted By: noelcmn, 05-19-2016, 01:02 PM

Thanks to Smf (Stu) for hosting and judging the last challenge and to everyone who posted such excellent work in that challenge! Enjoyed that one.

South Africa is a complex country, with politics and racism dominating the news, and of late we have had a lot of public displays and words reflecting racism that has surfaced. One of them is known as the "K" word, Kaffir, of Arabic origin, and simply means unbeliever. In South Africa, with is intense political struggles, the word is loaded with a lot more. It is officially illegal to use the word with reference to anyone. And that got me thinking. How about something that begins the letter K (just when you thought this was gonna be a politically loaded challenge - We get enough of Trump here too- thank you very much ) Let's see- there' Kayak, kites and kites, knights and kings (for chess lovers and other medieval lovers) Kingfishers, Kewpee, knots, kindness, kin, kiln, Koi, kangaroos, keels, kettles, keys and their holes, kissing (for the romantics), knitting, Kudu, kitty's and Kodak moments and lest I get persecuted, kilts. That just about exhausts my vocabulary of K words. The challenge this week is to an image that starts with the letter K. Oh, I thought that doing it this way sounds so much better than Ï spy something beginning with K).

The challenge will close on Sunday 29th May @ midnight in your time Zone. D.V. I will post the winners Monday morning.

Everyone is eligible as long as the photo is captured with a Pentax/Ricoh/Samsung camera.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax (or Ricoh DSLR or Samsung equivalent) camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/320896-weekly...#ixzz498ISLhc4
Views: 3,278
05-22-2016, 04:58 PM - 6 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Knocker

Door knocker at the Alhambra.

[IMG][/IMG]

05-26-2016, 07:03 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

No "K"nuckles or fingers lost on this "K"odak moment.

I had a similar shot taken years ago that many have seen on the Forum . This is one from our Clearwater Fl vacation a few weeks ago. I'm always nervous about getting nipped but these guys are like surgeons when taking the offering.--charliezap
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
05-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Kimberly Crest House and Gardens Redlands, CA
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
05-29-2016, 05:48 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
A couple of hours left before I close the challenge. Excellent stuff so far!

05-29-2016, 11:13 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A simple door knob with keyhole
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
05-30-2016, 12:05 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Challenge closed! Judging will D.V. be posted in a few hours- have a few duties to perform this morning.