Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
CAPTION CONTEST Week of May 24 - 31
Posted By: todd, 05-24-2016, 04:11 PM

Last time hosting got lucky and it was easy to pick a shot. This time not so much... Just couldn't find one that screamed 'caption me!' So, hopefully this will work.

The contest will run from May 24 to May 31, 2016. Votes will be counted thereafter.

Please vote even if you do not enter.

Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post. Important: Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well.

The "thread starter" is the moderator and must post an original photo at the start of the thread. In case of a tie the moderator will choose one to break the tie. After determination of the contest's winner, that winner will be notified ASAP after by the current Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for posting the next original work to be captioned. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

(If this image is too big for your screen, go into your account settings and change the display size)
Views: 2,148
05-24-2016, 04:41 PM - 1 Like   #2
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, if we keep practicing, I think we can win on "Dancing With The Stars."
05-25-2016, 07:58 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, it was by only trial-and-error that the team was able to determine it requires a 20-foot
Steinway Grand to create "an intimate piano-bar sound" out in the open air of the boardwalk.
05-25-2016, 12:26 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
"Now look... I said I'll lead"

05-26-2016, 09:04 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bob: So the UFO just left, see it there?
Sidney: Oh yea, I see it went in that direction.
Bob: And they may have taken one of the tourists here.
Sidney: The UFO there? That one? Took someone? Did they go willingly?
Bob: I think so, they were told they had a great cruise package for them!
05-26-2016, 09:10 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Never ask a dancer for directions
05-26-2016, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

"Sooooo ...... Standing like this...... Somehow signals the Vulcan ship to beam us up?"

05-26-2016, 04:32 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"And the entire scene is made out of Leggos?"
05-31-2016, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Jack002 was the winner of this round. I've pm'd him to see if he is able and willing to host the next round. Thanks for playing everybody!
05-31-2016, 06:39 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations, Jack002 !!!
06-01-2016, 04:17 AM - 1 Like   #11
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations, Jack002.
06-01-2016, 09:19 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Jack002 has informed me that he will take a pass on hosting so that left me to make the tie breaking vote which went to goatsNdonkey for providing me the biggest smile from the three options. I've pm'd goatsNdonkey so we'll see if he is able to take the next round...

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Yes, it was by only trial-and-error that the team was able to determine it requires a 20-foot
Steinway Grand to create "an intimate piano-bar sound" out in the open air of the boardwalk.

Last edited by todd; 06-01-2016 at 09:25 AM.
06-01-2016, 10:59 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since when do people who enter the contest get to decline the "honors" resulting from winning? To do so could result in a pool of repeat contest participants who shift the responsibility of posting photos and hosting the contest to possibly a small group of others. In my view, if you want to play, then you are obligated to hold up your end of the participation that keeps the contest going. When has a winner been told that they have the option to decline taking a round of hosting? I wasn't told that. It seems to me a bad precedent.
06-01-2016, 11:22 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I didn't know I had entered a contract, I thought I was just playing a game here
06-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm going to throw this into the mix as a 'just a thought', since we are floating around in zero gravity here: If anybody who entered (or has ever entered for that matter) is thinking you've always wanted to host this game, or you happen to have a picture you think would be a great shot to go forward with, please go ahead and step up.

QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
Yeah, if we keep practicing, I think we can win on "Dancing With The Stars."
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
"Now look... I said I'll lead"
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
Bob: So the UFO just left, see it there?
Sidney: Oh yea, I see it went in that direction.
Bob: And they may have taken one of the tourists here.
Sidney: The UFO there? That one? Took someone? Did they go willingly?
Bob: I think so, they were told they had a great cruise package for them!
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
"Sooooo ...... Standing like this...... Somehow signals the Vulcan ship to beam us up?"
QuoteOriginally posted by jack002 Quote
Never ask a dancer for directions