Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread

K-1 Post Processing Challenge! (Dynamic Range)
Posted By: alamo5000, 06-09-2016, 06:35 AM

Since we have so many people asking about the K-1 and some of its capabilities we’ve decided to incorporate some of those inquiries into something creative and fun for the forum members to participate in. As many of you know the forum hosts a lot of contests and mini contests…and this folks is no different.

The only thing that we ask is for you to participate. While there is technically going to be a winner and other honorable mentions chosen we encourage you to give it a shot even if you don't think you are good at post processing or whatever. That way you can know for yourself about the K1 and how it stacks up to against what you have now.

We are going to have a series of post processing challenges that we invite all to contribute to. Each of those post processing challenges will have a theme. This particular one will highlight a bit of the K-1’s dynamic range abilities. So while you are processing away please pay special attention to that aspect of things, especially as it relates to what you are shooting with now (K5, K3, K-whatever, or even the Canikon stuff).

Please note that the theme we have chosen is to highlight aspects of the K-1 NOT your submissions! Make your photos look as professional as possible. There is no need to try to over do it just merely because of our chosen theme title.

All are welcome to participate. So instead of all the chatter let’s get down to some hands on testing for as many as are willing to participate. Remember that this IS a contest folks so do your best and have fun.

The start dates for this is now (June 9) and it will run for about a week or so. I am not setting a hard date but I am thinking Monday June 20th will be the general cut off time for submissions.

I will be your host and judge for this first round.

Thank you,
Alamo5000

You can download the K-1 file at the link below. Post your entries in the comments section of this thread.

http://pfpho.com/k1.DNG
Views: 7,460
07-13-2016, 01:13 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Artgraf1981 Quote
And still no results
Winner was posted on 6-22. AAJR was the winner if I am not mistaken.

08-25-2016, 07:47 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Hi everyone,

First I want to say I’m sorry for dropping the ball on the challenge. Shortly after I won the contest I started feeling really tired and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. After getting out of the hospital I found out I will have to take 25 pills a day which added to my lack of stamina.

I am finally adjusting to the pills and I am able to go online again but I can’t sit at the computer for very long as of yet but I do feel 1000 times better than before.

If anyone can pick up the challenge for me I would gladly appreciate it and at some future time I will host the challenge.

Thanks
Al