Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
WINNERS - WEEKLY CHALLENGE # 353 - "Down to earth"
Posted By: simon_199, 06-16-2016, 10:04 AM

First of all let me say that it has been a pleasure to be chosen as the host and judge for this challenge.

I am also glad that the theme i chose was probably found pretty interesting given the number of entries. It has been difficult to narrow down the three "best" shots, since many of them have really caught my attention and would deserve comments and praise as fine interpretations of the theme.

However, forgive me for not commenting on all the entries but i have had a really busy schedule this weeks. So let's go straight to...

The podium

WINNER : Tamia

Superb shot that hits all the elements i was looking for, presenting an interesting subject in the foreground, rendered in great details. The sharpness of the water droplets together with the strong color contrast immediately draws your attention when browsing the photos.

Second place : robjmitchell

Very nice framing, without an easily recognizable object that gives a sense of scale this sand formation could be mistaken for a view of the Grand Canyon. Being unable to determine the size of the subject in a photo somewhat gives me a certain sense of unieasiness, but that's the magic of a down to earth framing ! Great B/W treatment !

Third place : SpecialK Superb, colorful close up. I like how the engraved letters give depth and texture to the background. I guess it has been done with the 10-17, am i right ?

Cory Tarilton Deserves a special mention for an original interpretation of the theme !

So the winner is Tamia, congratulations !

Looking forward to take part in the next challenge !
Views: 1,301
06-16-2016, 11:34 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by simon_199 Quote
I guess it has been done with the 10-17, am i right ?
Yes, and thanks :-)
06-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Congratulations Tamia on a truly wonderful image. Congrats also to Rob and SpecialK. This was a fun challenge. We are heading home and should stay put for the next few months so I am gearing up for the next challenge.
06-16-2016, 01:02 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well done to all the entrants and the winners. Thanks for a great theme!

06-16-2016, 01:31 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to the winners. Enjoyed all the submissions for this theme.
06-16-2016, 01:48 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Tamia-FAB Shot! Worthy winner! Extended to Robmitchell and SpecialK and Cory Tarilton's HM. Thanks Simon for a wonderful challenge- most enjoyable to see and be inspired by all these wonderful submissions, and for the judging exercise.
06-16-2016, 02:22 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Tamia, just a superb photo! Rob and Kyle, well done also! Great challenge Simon.

06-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another great challenge!
Congrats to all. Well done.
Thanks Simon.
06-16-2016, 05:34 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I'm floored. Thanks so much for the honor, Simon, and to you all for your good wishes. This was a terrific theme, with so many good examples. Congratulations to Rob, Kyle, and Cory for your wins, all wonderful photos. I've an idea for a theme and will post a new contest soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Congratulations Tamia on a truly wonderful image. Congrats also to Rob and SpecialK. This was a fun challenge. We are heading home and should stay put for the next few months so I am gearing up for the next challenge.
Susan, after you settle from your gallivanting, I expect to see you there, and hope you've filled many memory cards with the beautiful photos I've come to expect from you!
06-17-2016, 08:44 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Well deserved win Tamia, that is an appealing, gorgeous, and technically beautiful image. Congrats to Rob, Speical K and Cory as well. Thank you Simon. Really enjoyed your challenge.