Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS>>PROJECT 52-8-27-PEOPLE- Body parts
Posted By: assa1, 07-12-2016, 03:38 AM

Hi all,
I,ll never beat Jens in lenght of comments or its comprehensiveness, he simply have bigger screen and he knows more words in english then I so long story short:
Suzan, I like the idea of your picture. It,s nice in colours, not too contracty which is ok with a light background. The composition is ok for me. Well done.
djb47... one leg is just one leg. Two of them seems ok, seeing three one could think about next beer, four is a pair doubled, no more drinks if one sees five and six means party's over... Which of these legs is the theme of your picture? I think the DOF is too deep so the subject dissolves in a background. Looks like a crop of a bigger picture that fits the subject. Nice try anyway.
Tamia. Well managed lights and shadows. Very nice composition and DOF. I like the idea. Good job.
Rimfiredude, you made me laugh. Well, the composition is clear, your picture is ok from formal point of view. Poor little girl... Thanks for posting, hope to see more of yours pictures in the future here in P52..
Noel, very good as usually. Central composition with medievial illusion, where an eye looking straight forward looks like it is looking at you despite of an angle of view you are watching it, create a great picture.
Tess. Very well coposed picture. Deep shadows and slight higlights create beautifull photo. Well done
Jens, and it was a really good decision. Good composition as usually. But I think, your picture isn't clear-cut. You titled it "Hair", i see "neck". After that really good photography.

Tess, hope you will have some spare time for judging. You are the winner this week.

Tamia, you are second. 1/1000th of second behind.

And number three this week is Noel.

Congratulations for all you on the podium and for all who participated. And do not give up! Keep trying.
Views: 1,683
07-12-2016, 07:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you so much Assa1 for the honour of 1st place from among such great images. Wonderful artful image Tamia... love those calves! And great shot Noel... I especially like the reflection in your eye!

Thanks for being so upbeat and encouraging assa1. I look forward to this weeks entries.
07-12-2016, 08:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to Tess, Tamia and Noel. Good job everyone. Thanks for commenting on all the entries assa.
07-13-2016, 10:40 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Huh! 3 B/W winners? That's pretty amazing-says a lot about converting to B/W. Congrats Tess- Great shot, elegant pose so very well handled. And Tamia-amazng shot-filled with tension as only muscle can be. Love the composition. Thanks for the 3rd spot Assa1. And for the Judging exercise. No need for long words-we just want know why you picked the winner .

07-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to Tess for your win. A fabulous photo that took a lot of effort to shoot. Strong canoeing muscles there, too! Congratulations to Noel also for your podium place. A wonderful photo, with such clarity and intriguing reflection. Assa, thanks to you for judging and for the podium place. I second what Noel said about long words. You did a fine job with a task that's always difficult.

There's a story behind my photo, so maybe you'll indulge me here. My husband is a natural climber when bicycling, but early this year he was prescribed an antibiotic (one of the fluoroquinolones) to which he suffered an adverse reaction which isn't commonly reported but which could have been devastating if he hadn't stopped taking it. Some people who take fluoroquinolones experience achilles tendon rupture, which is for all practical purpose untreatable and leaves the victim unable to walk. After several months of recuperation, his Achilles tendons are improved to the point where he can now ride a bike again. This photo was my way of celebrating that his Achilles tendons are still intact.