Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners 52-8-28-PEOPLE- Social gatherings
Posted By: tessfully, 07-19-2016, 07:54 AM

Thank you to all who entered! There are only a few here and your efforts are most appreciated.

assa1 - 4 friends ...Awaiting nothing
I really love the black and white rendition as it suits the subjects and the vernacular very well. The "smile" sign adds so much interest too. Good eye to capture this social scene.

Tamia - Gathered But Not Social - Well, given the latitude Noel offers in these challenges I would say your image qualifies. It really is an interesting perspective. Coffees and Cell Phones... what could be more signifying of social gatherings that those two symbols of our culture!

Noel, Hike ... Love that you were out for 5 nights and 6 days camping! Do you sleep in tents? Your image captures your environment very well. The old wrecked car adds a side story. And the hikers are certainly enjoying the sociality of the experience.

EBirdy - I know what you mean! Taking photos in public settings is not my strong suit either. You truly captured the happiness of this social gathering as well as how engaged the people are with each other (and the kids with their cell phones.)

My favourite photo this week is assa1's, and Tamia's is second. Honourable Mentions to Noel and EBirdy

Views: 1,091
07-19-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't fault that choice, its fabulous! Great story and as noted, B/W adds a lot more impact. Congrats Assa1, And of course Tamia. Thanks Tessfully for the judging exercise and comments. Much appreciated.
07-19-2016, 05:28 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Can't fault that choice, its fabulous! Great story and as noted, B/W adds a lot more impact...
+1 on Noel's comment. Great shot, Assa, and congratulations. Love the expressions on the mens' faces. A wonderful gathering. Thanks, Tess, for the podium place, and also for commenting. I enjoyed the entries, and Noel, that old vehicle really helps anchor your shot. It's fascinating how it's like a building ruin -- part of the landscape.
07-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #4

Thanks Tess for the win. Congrats to Tamia as well as to Noel and EBirdy. Hope you'll be able to work over this week's "at work" project.

07-20-2016, 06:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats assa on a great photo story. B&W was the perfect choice for the shot. Congrats also to all the entrants and to Tess for her insights on each entry. I had to sit the last couple of challenges out but hopefully can get back into the groove now that my life has calmed down a bit.
07-20-2016, 12:42 PM   #6

You are always welcome Susan. Good to hear things are getting better.

Last edited by assa1; 07-20-2016 at 09:52 PM.