Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

POTW #19(2) 7/13/08 to 7/27/08
Posted By: daacon, 07-21-2008, 08:27 AM

POTW # 19 7/13/08 to 7/27/08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhhh here we go again come on folks feel free to start the new thread anytime on the following Sunday don't be shy - pad that post count !

Feel free to post any topic you enjoy that was photographed between July 13th and July 27th.

Rules as before:
1) No theme just your favorite stuff.
2) Let's keep it to about 4-6 images per post just so the thread doesn't get too big each week .
3) Any Pentax camera is fine, film, P&S, DSLR (or Samsung DSLR)
4) Runs for 7 days <Sunday Date> to <Sunday Date>
5) Enter anything you shot last week or this current week until the thread closes.

Previous hosts: 1 Peter Zack, 2 Eaglerapids, 3 rmtagg, 4 Peter Zack, 5 daacon, 6 Bramela, 7 mtnbearhug, 8 dantuyhoa, 9 gawan, 10 roentarre, 11 daacon, 12 Kris, 13 mtnbearhug, 14 SCGushue, 15 daacon, 16 maxwell1295, 17 dantuyhoa, 18 daacon, 19 maxwell1295, loop .....

I'll start off with few from the last few days. Click on image for larger view

Title I wish they all could be California Gulls (feel free to humm along )

Enjoy

Last edited by Peter Zack; 06-01-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Views: 12,854
07-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice flower shots Alan. Like your wife's shots. As Peter says, no time for embarrassment, see your shot and go for it.. Well done!

Dave, that must have been some car display. Very impressive. Love that fire unit.

Peter, a Great sunset shot. Like that one very much!

07-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Very nice series bruce. Like the shot and story about the pool. I'm surprised theres nothing to keep it up (for historical reasons). Like the pelican(?) shot as well.

Great stuff this week dave. I like the motorcycle series and the police car as well. I'm just old enough to remember those. Our local station had a couple that were retired when i was a kid. Had it been a few years later, I'd have been in the back seat at least once (don't ask). Good shots!

maxwell1295. That's not FA50!!! I suspect your 17-70 maybe. Good result though. Yeah we just can't be self-conscious when shooting stuff like that.

Nice series 2ipper. I really like the 1st and 4th ones. Keep it going!

My latest favourite from last night:
I really like tis one Peter, is that the 1000mm I'm guessing? I love the colors of sunrise/ sunsets with the k10d
07-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #48
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Peter, nice shot of the sun. i also liked the ones in the beginning where everyone is jumping.

Tran - wow amazing.... the pics are nice aswell .

bramela - like the third one. thats one fat bird

max - nice shots. that one with the bee looks really cool

daacon - really dig the old car.

Last edited by 2ipper; 07-25-2008 at 05:40 PM.
07-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #49
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Yes Borno. It is that lens. I was just really trying to learn how to use it and the sunset was great. I've used a lot of lenses but nothing quite like this one. I'm not sure if that shot would be possible with a conventional lens.

07-25-2008, 09:21 PM   #50
Inactive Account

grrrrrrhhh

my cat trying to claw me

- click for large view

Last edited by 2ipper; 07-25-2008 at 10:36 PM.
07-25-2008, 10:33 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote

Tran - I like the BW and pose of your model. How do you get a model ? Does the better half have to sign off as well
It's like credit : you can't get one until you have some credit !!!

I would start off by taking more portraits / poses of your friends , relatives . Treat every shoot like you're getting paid for it ! I carry a SD card with images of people just to show them to people whom I want to shoot . I'm lucky in a way because the model lives in the same town . She has been shot a few times by some "pro" with expensive big ass brand name cameras - one with the 5D! - though I'm sure that anybody in this thread can out shoot them . They don't even have a concept / pose / theme figured out before the shoot resulting unpleasant images so when I contacted her with my info , she was impressed enough to show up ! The shot was 5 hours . We hiked to middle of nowhere , shooting two concepts . I talked to her enough to know what she likes to include those elements . I treated her with respect and trust that no other phototogs ever did ! I even insisted to meet the other half . The trust was on a high scale : A beautiful woman , hiking with a stranger deep into the wood , barely dressed ! But the images show that we did click ! :-)

Sleeping Bikini Beauty

Peter : I agree with Alan . That is one slick sick shot !

Alan : We're very much the same way . During the shoots we were both get get , hot and dirty . I demonstrated the poses and such and I'm very sure that I looked very funny when I shot .
And sometimes she added some input . We did agree on the images will be sexy , classy and elegant and working from there .

Bruce : Nice bird shot!

2ipper : Cool shots ! Welcome to the POTW club . Would you like to host next week ?

Back to the grind : 4 more GB to go . We shoot ten GB that day . I think she wants me to shoot her entire port for the model agengy !

Tran
07-26-2008, 06:07 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bruce - thanks for the comments - yep has been a busy couple of weeks with the K10D not a bad thing at all.

2ipper - thanks for the comments and welcome to POTW a great opportunity to post the last couple of weeks see what everyone is up to. Nice action shot on the cat.

Tran - I am sorry , I just don't believe looking at 4gb worth of the pictures you have posted here as a 'grind' - you must live a sheltered life

07-26-2008, 06:14 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Last Night

Shot a few at the local fair last night - could not handel the crowds and wait for darkness (which here is like 10:00 - 10:30 ish) ... I have the 12-24 back! I sold mine , regretted it and of course bought another off the market place here for the same price I sold mine for

Click on image for larger view

I love the 12-24

Getting strapped in for orbit launch

Houston we have achieved orbit

Some tricks

Post away folks last day ! (before the next one starts )
07-26-2008, 06:55 AM   #54
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Great stuff Tran. Do you have a web link with a portfolio? Very good approach to the whole situation as well. When the chance is available the photog is in charge but also should understand the priviledge of the model's time and work. Unfortunately it will not be something I will do. My better half has made that clear plus where I am the pickin's would be slim indeed.

A cool series of shots Dave. These kids do some amazing tricks.Good to see you have that great lens back in your hands (Sigma or Pentax?). Wide's seem to be your favourite area.

2ipper, that's a set of claws you can keep at your house! Nasty! Thanks for the earlier comments.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 07-26-2008 at 09:04 AM.
07-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Peter , it is in my Sig Pentax DA 12-24 and yeah I like the extremes - wide and long although have not got out with the Bigma much lately ....have to re-evalute my kit and part with some for a DA* 300 (but I sooooooo hate to get rid of anything )
07-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Dave - Trust me . It's not easy to working 10GB of images knowing that my work will be comparing to some of the pro locals here . But she loves them so far ! I did not even "machine gun" at all . I just tried to cover and explore as many as I can all the angles . It's was a very slow and relaxing shoot . All the info/tips on this very site really help me out ! And I thank you all for that .

You're king of the wide angle ! My next lens will be that a very wide one for sure !

Peter - Thanks . We talked and knew the limit/guide line that we won't cross . She will try new thing even that she might not convinced at first . For example , she loves red sunflower which gives me a thought

Only after she saw it then she understood !

Here is my flickr link

Flickr: dantuyhoa's Photostream

Tran
07-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I jest of course Tran - with my PS I did very little pp. The last 18 months or so , particularly the last few I totally understand the laborious task and hours spent in PS or whatever editor you use.

Your professionism shows and that is a very unique shot (the forehead looks a little overexposed on my laptop) but I do like it. Passion and respect will go a long ways and you have them both.
07-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Deleting old pictures

Last edited by slowpez; 07-30-2008 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Making room
07-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Such good posts from everyone, being busy and not able to comment all, so I just post some of mine from a couple of days ago. Random shots...

My life as a ghost photographer

Trying out my new 55mm f/1.2..
07-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #60
Veteran Member

A quick one from this am