Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread

Pentax K-1 Final Weekly Challenge: Open Theme
Posted By: Adam, 08-06-2016, 01:24 AM

It's time for the final K-1 weekly challenge. The prize will be a set of two K-1 shaped lens cleaning cloths!

I'm leaving the theme open for this challenge, so post the best pic you've taken with the K-1

@Vote4Pedro will be judging, and the challenge will close on 8/15. Good luck!

Views: 5,576
08-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Not had much chance to get out with my K1 yet, even though it's been a week since I bought it. Been more just getting a feel for it and playing with a few little things. Never the less, I'e had plenty of bee's in the garden doing there thing, it was rude not to take advantage of the situation.

Attached Images

08-17-2016, 03:41 AM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Alright, looks like it's time for @Vote4Pedro to pick the winner!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-20-2016, 11:14 PM   #18

and the winner is? ..
08-23-2016, 09:53 PM   #19
Forum Member

And the winner is...

Thanks all for your patience! When I realized that I was a week overdue to judge, I was horrified, and I logged on and was relieved that my PF profile hadn’t been deleted (thanks, Adam), and I hadn’t received any hateful messages either! I probably have ensured myself to never be a PF judge again, but here it is, top 3, in the spirit of the Olympics:

Bronze: Walibo1’s Glacier National Park – I am a landscape enthusiast and I can appreciate what it would have taken to get this shot. The photographer probably drove forever the day before to get to this remote park, and then was devoted enough to wake up early and scout out a good location before sunrise. I love the reflection, framing and the colors. Nice shot.

Silver: KWStoll’s Great Blue Heron – I loved that this was a mixture of technology spanning decades. How many other companies besides Pentax could use such a crazy combo of adapters and lens and a modern full frame body?

Gold: ddamski’s shot of the child’s window reflection is the winner. Ultimately this one is the winner because these are moments that you cannot plan, and these are pictures that could be cherished for generations. This kid’s kids will appreciate seeing this, and black and white adds an element of timelessness. Having children this age myself, I know these are hard shots to get. Great photo!

08-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Awesome! @ddamski please PM me your shipping address and I will get you a set of lens cloths

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-26-2016, 02:33 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well Done ddamski, nice capture!
08-30-2016, 05:40 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Awesome! @ddamski please PM me your shipping address and I will get you a set of lens cloths
thanks Adam!

QuoteOriginally posted by stubyles Quote
Well Done ddamski, nice capture!
Thanks stubyles :-)