Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winners #360 At the Bar
Posted By: jchorst, 08-18-2016, 08:11 AM

Thanks again everybody for sending in such inspiring photos. Before I head to my local bar, here are my thoughts:

ramseybuckeye - A well taken shot. I like the combination of the threedimensional effect with an almost claustrophic feeling.
SpecialK -
A very funny interpretation!
Gobuster - Your photo almost looks like a painting, and it somehow gives me the impression of "being there". I like the reduction of colour to basically orange and blue. Great work!
Bruce Clark - Cool. Having met several Aussie blokes (and girls) myself in Munich at the Oktoberfest, I obviously knew what they would do before the bar opens...
StephanHampshire - The cheerfulness of your photo is infectious!
slowpez - A fascinating approach to the subject. The reduced imagery, the colours and the fine composition are very appealing. The high ISO results in a beautiful granularity which provides a mystical atmosphere.
Mike L - A very nice, threedimensional rendition of the out-of-focus area that still lets you know what you're looking at. Every time I look at your photo I'm tempted to grab that glass...
charliezap - He thinks: 'How do I look on that photo?' Great snapshot.
jcdoss - A very atmospheric, yet unsentimental bar scene. Great use of black and white!
swanlefitte - Indeed, your photo gave me a smile!
noelcmn - A nice panorama-like wide angle shot with an interesting distorting effect that makes the bar almost look like a globe. Great colours.
mattb123 - Another atmospheric scene. I like the skilful use of the light the bar emits in contrast to the surrounging darkness.
geomez - A very artful play with light, resulting in an intriguingly surreal scene. And a beutiful woman is never out of place!
Arjay Bee - An interesting, different approach to the subject. Very absorbing threedimensional effect.
barada - Strict lines and clear structures, artfully broken by the shapes of the people. Beautiful, glowing colours form a strong contrast to the otherwise prevailing darkness. A great photo.
Hattifnatt - You're right - that look is fascinating. A great composition as well, with a beautiful rendition of the out-of-focus area (FA 77-bokeh, that is!).

Choosing the winners was a long and painful process. I liked every single entry to "my" contest, but as in real life, not everybody can win. There you are:

Honourable mention: Gobuster
Joint third place: Hattifnatt and geomez.
Second place: barada
First place: slowpez. Your photo was the one that amazed me the most.

Cheers, Christoph
Views: 1,133
08-18-2016, 08:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Christoph for an interesting challenge and for the insightful comments on everyones photos. I will admit to being gobsmacked with the win but very pleased all the same. Congratulations to barada, Hattifnatt, geomez, and Gobuster on their photos too.
I will come up with the next challenges as soon as possible so stay tuned.
08-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations everybody and many thanks to the judge! waiting for Susan's challenge, curious to see what she brings to the table.
08-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The new challenge is up. Good luck everyone.

08-18-2016, 12:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Susan-Agree with our Judge, nice mystery there. Thanks Christoph for an interesting challenge the judging and commenting-always appreciated.
08-19-2016, 01:13 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wooohooo!
08-19-2016, 08:45 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Susan! And to the other winners too. Nice challenge Christoph, there were a lot of quality, and interesting photos.

08-19-2016, 10:30 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Congratulations to the winners and honourable mentions!

Thanks to jchorst for the challenge and the effort that went into the judging