Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Winners -weekly challenge 363 Circles
Posted By: StephenHampshire, 09-16-2016, 02:10 AM

Well, let me start by saying what a great challenge this turned out to be - 30 pictures, all with something to offer. A great range of subjects and interpretations. Some very brief notes on the entries....

tpeace – visually arresting, good colours, circular floatand an arc for the horizon

Arjay Bee – great composition with concentric circles, mutedcolour range

Hattifnat – lovely bokeh balls, good choice of colourpalette

rod_grant a very tasteful restrained colour palette, plentyof circles

charliezap –great subject with interesting colours andreflections

Vaskebjorn – great idea, might have been better (and safer)to crop in on one or two of the shelving sections. Lovely photo though

slowpez – great patterns in this, good choice of monochrome,an image to spend time pondering

EBirdy – real impact shot with nice lighting. Such colours!

aaacb – good use of colour and tone to really draw you intothe photo

tessfully – an ethereal photo full of interesting and subtletones and reflections

SpecialK –deceptively simple but with subtle details thatreward a prolonged look, good mono choice

DeepThrob -wellcomposed, a subtle interpretation of the theme

assa1 – great composition, very intriguing, well seen

atpdate - fantastic colour, well spotted

djb47 – an unusual subject, nicely realised

Clou – great use of light and shadow and interestingcomposition

Bruce Clark – plenty of interest and circles

venzi3 - fantastic composition, a subtle photo

eva - well thought out, very striking image

balint – a photo at once brash and subtle- lots of circleshiding I this one

ramseybuckeye – lots of circles here, circles within circles,nicely exposed

zdr- glorious flare

AggieDad -fabulous flower, greatlighting

jchorst – great lighting and composition

jacamar – fabulous composition with circles a plenty andthat solitary figure

geomez – glorious soaring composition that works well inmono

mattwoodcock – this works on many levels –circular flowers incircular bundles, nice bokeh

ChristianRock – well done for taking a picture just for thechallenge –circles in circles again, lovely colours

smf – striking use of colour and an interesting viewpoint

noelcmn – very nice lighting and composition

Now to winners. First off, to make my life easier, I discounted some that I didn't think were circular enough, despite their other merits! Still a tough one to judge, but there was one image that stuck in my mind.....

honourable mentions go to Noelcmn, Arjay Bee and mattwoodcock and jacamar (in no particular order) but the winner, enjoying his pint, is balint!

The glass in the photo is of course a circle, but there are others dotted about and the whole picture has great impact. Well done all
Views: 1,632
09-19-2016, 07:49 AM   #16
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to all, and thanks to Stephen.