Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
PROJECT 52-8-36- HOME-Backyard
Posted By: noelcmn, 09-26-2016, 10:08 AM

Welcome to Project 52-8 for the year 2016. We move onto the subject of our home environment, and this week we look for an image of your backyard. This is a regular feature of Project 52 and it affords an easier subjects for photographers. Not only panoramic shots, but also macro shots (weeds for e.g.) are all acceptable, provided it is from the backyard.

Images for Project 52-8-34 are to be taken between Monday 26 September 2016 through to Sunday 02 October 2016. Closing times is midnight in your time Zone

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be to have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore. The theme/sub-concepts are chosen by the facilitator every week. You are only
required to submit a photo taken during the week of the challenge, and in keeping with the theme/sub-concept and be willing to be the judge if you win.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-8 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed. Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera. And we will include images taken with phones as well.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging. It is up to the discretion of the current week's
Judge to accept or decline early/late entries i.e. a day earlier or a day late. Usually there is some flexibility here to allow as many entrants as possible. BUT
PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES TAKEN DAYS OR WEEKS OUTSIDE THE PERIOD OF THE CHALLENGE. TRY TO KEEP IT AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE
TO THE TIME FRAME.
8. Additional images are welcome, but please keep them to a minimum. If more than one image is posted, make sure you identify your entry for the challenge.
Additional images should also please comply with rule 1 and rule 7.
9. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable.
10. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next weeks Project 52-8 and may not participate in the challenge.
11. The host/facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.

Happy clicking.

Here are some of the previous winners.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/330092-projec...#ixzz4LNkvrG6j

---------- Post added 09-26-16 at 10:11 AM ----------

And on another note, we are nearing the end of project 52-8 for this year, and we are looking for a new facilitator for 2017. Anyone interested in doing so, please send me a pm.
Views: 1,138
09-29-2016, 12:04 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shamrock Blossoms
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS  Photo 
10-02-2016, 08:52 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Can't judge on one photo and today's the last day to enter. Since this is the situation, I'm extending said project one more week unless you guys come in before your midnight time.

Challenge will end October 9, 2016.
10-02-2016, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I do have a submission, though I am quite happy with the extension.

I may change that submission.

10-02-2016, 12:17 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well, I won on the wrong subject. I can't play this time and I have and can get loads of backyard shots.
10-02-2016, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Well, I won on the wrong subject. I can't play this time and I have and can get loads of backyard shots.
Mar, you can always show us an example or two! Here's my entry...

Dusk in Early Autumn Pentax K5-IIs, DA 55-300mm f4-5.8 ED, 1/90s, f5.6, ISO 200, handheld.

10-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm sorry but I lost all power on Friday morning due to hurricane Matthew. Since that happened I don't know what to do about this challenge, with only two entries. Anyone got an idea?

10-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #8
smf
Pentaxian

May I suggest extending the challenge?
I hope that you, family and friends are OK.
10-11-2016, 08:24 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
May I suggest extending the challenge? I hope that you, family and friends are OK.
I extended this a week already and there is the other one running same time if I extend it again.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/331550-projec...s-my-home.html

I was hoping Noel would come in since he's facilitator of this Project 52 and offer his suggestions.

We're fine, we all survived. Even with a five day vacation I didn't want.

EDIT, I see we have three entries. I missed the first one. Still that's not really enough, I think anyway.
10-12-2016, 06:58 AM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I haven't heard from Noel so I'll give it til the end of today, then make a decision on what to do.
10-12-2016, 01:16 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm a little concerned about extending these Project 52 by more than one week, as I would like to complete the 52 weeks of the year. As it is we have already have had 2 extensions, and started a bit late in the year. And also, I, more or less, will extend it if there are only 2 entries, and 3 entries are enough to proceed to judging. If its OK with you, can we do that? I know its not the best, but Project 52 suffers from low entries from time to time, and as mentioned,I think we should press on.
10-12-2016, 03:01 PM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Okay, I'll give it some thought to who should be winner tonight and post the results as soon as I decide.

I agree it shouldn't be extended another time here mainly because of the new one being up.
10-12-2016, 05:57 PM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Winners are up:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/331700-projec...ml#post3799694