Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Caption Contest October 4 thru October 11
Posted By: goatsNdonkey, 10-04-2016, 04:52 PM

Welcome to our next round of the PF Photo Caption Contest! All forum participants are invited to make up captions for the photo posted below, posting each caption as a separate reply. Anyone reading these captions is welcome to vote for as many of their favorites as they like, by using the forum's message LIKE button. Caption submitters can also vote for as many of their favorites as well, except that the LIKE feature won't let you vote for your own caption. Also, nobody can LIKE any caption more than once.

Sometime before Noon (Central Time, USA) on October 12, I will total the LIKE votes and declare who won the contest. If there is a tie vote, I will cast a deciding vote (or flip a coin, if I really can't pick which is better).

The winner will be awarded the distinct honor and high privilege of moderating the next round of the contest, which means not only introducing it and counting the votes, but also posting a picture of theirs to be the subject for captioning. If you submit a caption, be ready to win and take on the winner's duties, because it could be you. You might be cleverer than you think you are!

It took me a few days to come up with a photo when I won the last contest round. Don't be like me, be ready.

Here's the new photo. Everybody have fun!

P.S. -- You can start voting right away. You DON'T have to wait for the end of the contest. Yes, exactly! We have Early Voting here!!!!

Last edited by goatsNdonkey; 10-04-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Views: 3,056
10-15-2016, 03:30 AM   #16
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to hear about your injury hope you recover soon

I hope it isn't as bad as the zebra's

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
10-15-2016, 04:37 AM   #17
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations to,Harry and thanks and best wishes to our host and judge.
Sorry about the injury.
10-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #18
Forum Member

Thank you for the votes. I'll glean my photos for something suitable by the end of the week. Thanks again.
10-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Sorry to hear about your injury hope you recover soon

I hope it isn't as bad as the zebra's
I did not have a narrow escape from a large lion, rather a somewhat less violent encounter the the corner of a piece of furniture, which in falling my eyebrow met at higher velocity than is recommended. While still bandaged up, my general abilities are back to normal, but the day right after I wasn't feeling so sporty.

Looking forward to seeing Harry's picture!

10-21-2016, 11:33 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Harry_the_Wombat Quote
Thank you for the votes. I'll glean my photos for something suitable by the end of the week. Thanks again.
Is there a new photo yet?
10-21-2016, 03:16 PM   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Is there a new photo yet?
Doesn't seem to be...
10-21-2016, 07:27 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
We are consumed with our anticipation, Harry!

10-22-2016, 01:53 PM   #23
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
We are consumed with our anticipation, Harry!
Think Harry's on vacation...
10-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #24
Pentaxian

I have PM'd Harry and GnD yesterday with no reply...or photo.
10-22-2016, 07:46 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I have PM'd Harry and GnD yesterday with no reply...or photo.
Harry did say "the end of the week." If he meant Friday, he's late. If he meant the weekend, later today or tomorrow would be consistent with what he said. Frustrating not to have the new caption contest up right away, yes. I hope Harry didn't fall and hit his head like I did.

If there's no contest or word by late Sunday, I'll ask runner-up smf to step in.
10-24-2016, 06:12 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
After searching and finding no new caption contest being kicked off by last winner Harry_the_Wombat, notifying Harry also by PM, I have asked close runner-up smf to step in and start the next round. Everyone stay tuned.

I know I speak for all of us, in hoping that Harry hasn't suffered some sort of mishap. He still is winner of the last round, but for some unexpected reason was not able to fulfill kicking off the next round, as he planned to do.
10-24-2016, 06:55 AM   #27
smf
Pentaxian

A new challenge is here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/332420-weekly...ml#post3808717

I hope we'll soon have an opportunity to see a caption contest image from Harry_the_Wombat, and I hope all is well with Harry.

Best wishes to all.
10-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #28
Forum Member

Gentlemen, I apologize for the unintended hiatus. I contracted the office plague and took a while to get through it. I'm glad we've got a new caption contest going.
10-29-2016, 08:49 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Gentlemen, I apologize for the unintended hiatus. I contracted the office plague and took a while to get through it. I'm glad we've got a new caption contest going.
Glad to know you're on the mend, Harry!