Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS: Weekly Challenge #366 - Red Machines
Posted By: UncleVanya, 10-24-2016, 02:15 PM

Firstly, like our last judge let me apologize for being so late. Unlike the past judge I really have no excuse other than forgetfulness.

In keeping with the 365 contest I went with RED, but added the spin of asking for shots of machines. It turned out that most of your machine shots were of motor vehicles which gave us a lot of cool things with wheels to gaze on.

It was a lot of fun looking over the pictures and picking our winners...

Honorary mentions:
LondonWombat; VintageDodge

I really liked the shot perspective and the vintage look of the car and the surroundings. The sky grunge might have been a little over the top but the idea of a aged photo really came through. Great interpretation of the theme and a way to enhance the shot.

Reeftool; High flying MX
I really like the framing and the shot is so crisp. I enjoyed the fact that while this had wheels it was airborne! Great shot in the theme and brilliant colors and focus.

Arjay Bee; Port Freemantle
This shot made me think of Fred Flintstone and his dinosaur crane. The way the shot is framed the cranes seem alive and ready to dip their heads down to drink a bit or eat a little ship. I have no idea if this was the intention but it makes me smile when I look at it.

Third Place:
Slowpez; little red stagecoach

I really liked this shot, the perspective is lovely and the theme of machines was nicely interpreted as a balloon is certainly that but far from my mind when I set the challenge. Well done!

Second place:
Vaskebjorn; Motorcycle Couple

Each time I look at this I see an anthropomorphic scene. I see two motorcycles in love. The way that they are posed was a great find and I applaud that. The light and the color and focus are spot on as well as the inclusion of just enough background to set the scene and give us the illusion of a chance meeting - despite the locked front tires. Bravo!

First place:
ramseybuckeye; easyrider

This almost seems a cliche shot but it is so much more. The movement of the crowd blurred behind the bike, the stretched perspective, the rich colors and chrome all dazzle. I really thought at first another shot would win but this I kept coming back to. Congrats!

Everyone did a fabulous job and if you were not picked it is just because the competition was fierce. On another day with different mood I might have picked different shots. I really enjoyed this theme and I hope our winner will continue with the theme of GREEN ORANGE for the next week and subsequent winners continue with the remaining colors of the spectrum. If not, no loss, all themes are welcome.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 10-24-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Views: 1,206
10-24-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow, I'm highly honored to be selected among such a very good collection of photos. Congratulations to all hte winners and HMs! I will get the Orange challenge up shortly, since it's next in ROYGBIV.
10-24-2016, 02:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Wow, I'm highly honored to be selected among such a very good collection of photos. Congratulations to all hte winners and HMs! I will get the Orange challenge up shortly, since it's next in ROYGBIV.
DOH! I knew that and still typed GREEN. I will fix.

As I said this was tough. All shots were contenders for one honor or another.
10-24-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Congrats ramseybuckeye, a winner of a shot. Congratulations also to Vaskebjorn and all the HM's, Thanks for the 3rd place nod Uncle. Such a lot of great entries. I am honored. This was a fun extension of LondonWombats original concept. Kudos to you for coming up with something just a little different to make it interesting.

10-24-2016, 04:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice job everyone. Congratulations Tom!
10-24-2016, 06:14 PM   #6
Forum Member

Great entries everyone. Kudos to the winner and runner ups. Thanks for the HM on my vintage Dodge. Thanks to UncleVanya for the this past week. I look forward to the ORANGE week.
10-24-2016, 07:27 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LondonWombat Quote
Great entries everyone. Kudos to the winner and runner ups. Thanks for the HM on my vintage Dodge. Thanks to UncleVanya for the this past week. I look forward to the ORANGE week.
Cracking good shot - just so many great one's this week. It could easily have gone another way.

---------- Post added 10-24-16 at 10:29 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Congrats ramseybuckeye, a winner of a shot. Congratulations also to Vaskebjorn and all the HM's, Thanks for the 3rd place nod Uncle. Such a lot of great entries. I am honored. This was a fun extension of LondonWombats original concept. Kudos to you for coming up with something just a little different to make it interesting.
I had fun trying to find a twist. I'm glad everyone seems to have enjoyed themselves - I certainly did. I am also glad I get to shoot something for this next weeks contest... still chewing on that one.

10-25-2016, 05:53 AM   #8
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations to all, and thanks to UncleVanya for hosting and judging.