Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS: #371 - B ROYGBIV W - Blue
Posted By: pizzavandriver, 11-28-2016, 08:03 AM

I am totally out of my element here judging the wonderful "blue" pictures everyone posted. I wish I could take the time to critique all the pictures, but I'm going to have to just narrow it down to the top few. Please keep in mind that I'm a total novice to photography so like a regular person off the street, much of my decision is based solely on the subject matter.

honorable mentions:
dcshooter: The feather and mushroom shot was the first one posted and I immediately knew i was in for a tough decision. I love the way it incorporated the color blue on a "dead" object leaning on something living and thriving in nature.
mohb: I could feel the coolness in that picture. The way the clouds just ease into the backdrop without completely covering the landscape is beautiful.
ramseybuckeye: blue heron and blue sky - great combination. one of my favorite birds to see in flight and you nailed it here.

First Place:

Vaskebjorn: All I can say is that it looked like a painting. The deep blue backdrop and the still water providing only a little of distortion in the mirroring of the boat. Stunning picture!

Second Place:

Hattifnatt: I'm a sucker for sunsets, and this one was spot on. I'm jealous that I wasn't there at this moment. The clouds, water and sun rays were all captured wonderfully.

Third Place:

geomez: Probably the nicest shot I've ever seen of this great natural wonder. You made a such a large, loud, and powerful waterfall look like a serene and dreamy location.

Once again, great photos and I wish I had a little more experience to be able to critique all of the entries. I enjoyed every single one of the pictures. Congrats to Vaskebjorn and I'm anxious to see the next challenge!

Last edited by pizzavandriver; 11-28-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Views: 1,257
11-28-2016, 08:32 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations to Vaskebjorn, really worthy winner! and to all who participated. Many thanks to the hosts, considering the quality of the entries I'm happy with my second place. What's next, indigo?
11-28-2016, 09:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Vaskebjorn a worthy winner. Perfect reflection. Congrats also to Hattifnatt and geomez. What a tough competition with so many great entries. Thanks also to pizzavandriver for judging this one. Looking forward to the next challenge.
11-28-2016, 11:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, an exquisite winning photo, besides the attractive blue, the reflections is top notch! Congratualtions. And extended to Hattiffnatt and Geomez. And of course the HM's Ramseybickey, Mohb and Dcshooter. Thanks for the judging exercise- you did good! Great shots everyone.

11-28-2016, 12:18 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Pizzavandriver,

Did not see that one coming, but i am honored to win last weeks challange.
I also liked all the other ones, but Jacamars was my favorite.

Sometimes an oldy does the trick and to be honest, the K20D always gave nice photos. I loved it.
And when I got ky K3 I gave my K20D to a new pentaxian.
11-28-2016, 06:13 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to the worth winners and HM's. Great photos everyone.
11-28-2016, 07:08 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to all the winners! Some really good photos! Great job on the challenge pizzavandriver, you have nothing to apologize about.

11-29-2016, 06:20 AM   #8
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations to all, and thanks to pizzavandriver for judging.
12-03-2016, 01:52 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the third place and congrats to the other winners!