Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Caption Contest December 18 through 27, 2016
Posted By: Harry_the_Wombat, 12-18-2016, 02:00 PM

Welcome all to this round of the PF Photo Caption Contest! All forum participants are invited to divulge captions for the photo posted below; post each caption as a separate reply. Anyone reading these captions is welcome to vote for as many of their favorites as they wish, by using the forum's message LIKE button. Caption submitters can also vote for as many of their favorites as well. However, the LIKE feature won't let you vote for your own caption. Also, nobody can LIKE any caption more than once.

Voting will end at 00:00 Pacific Time, USA on December 28th, 2016. I've added extra time to this photo challenge, to account for disruptions caused by the usual holiday festivities. On the 28th I will total all LIKE votes and declare a winner. Should a tie be declared, I will provide the tie breaking vote.

The winner will be awarded the prize, privilege, and responsibility of moderating the next round of the contest. This responsibility includes introducing the thread in a timely fashion, posting a picture of theirs to be the subject for captioning, counting the votes, and declaring the next winner. If you submit a caption, be ready to shoulder the winner's duties.

Here's my photo. Caption away! Vote anytime.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 2,408
12-23-2016, 03:20 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Harry_the_Wombat Quote
Merry Christmas!
Bah humbug!

(from the dog!)

12-25-2016, 05:10 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No, I don't want to play ball. I just want to sleep OK?
12-26-2016, 08:03 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't believe I ate all those Christmas treats.
12-26-2016, 10:05 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Showed balls going to the clinic, but coming back has been another matter.

12-28-2016, 01:27 AM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
As a background, Kaeli was this 135 lb bull mastiff's name, and she'd just arrived at my house. My mother was having foot surgery and couldn't risk this lummox landing on it. Kaeli was quite mopey, as she was missing her buddy, a cairn terrier named Wallace. And with that....

On a personal note, I particularly enjoyed arnold's last entry, and award him an honorable mention! However...

We have a clear winner with 4 'Likes', jumbleview! Congratulations!
12-28-2016, 08:02 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Harry_the_Wombat Quote
As a background, Kaeli was this 135 lb bull mastiff's name, and she'd just arrived at my house. My mother was having foot surgery and couldn't risk this lummox landing on it. Kaeli was quite mopey, as she was missing her buddy, a cairn terrier named Wallace. And with that....

On a personal note, I particularly enjoyed arnold's last entry, and award him an honorable mention! However...

We have a clear winner with 4 'Likes', jumbleview! Congratulations!
jumbleview, congratulations!

Also, when you set up the next round of the contest with a photo of yours, please post a link to that contest thread at the end of this contest thread. It makes it easier for all of the regular contest participants to find the next round.
12-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's an honor! Nice to know that people here love "The Beatles". As far as it is Hump Day today it make a sense to declare next contest as a Hump Contest. Please annotate and vote:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/336455-captio...03-2017-a.html

Last edited by jumbleview; 12-28-2016 at 09:38 AM.