Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Challenge #380 Winners - Ball
Posted By: Will in Seattle, 02-28-2017, 06:26 PM

Thanks again for the opportunity to judge this contest . You folks didn't make it easy for me - there were a lot of great shots.

Third place - geomez:

I love interesting textures. This is visually-stunning, sharp (no pun intended) and well composed, and works beautifully in black/white.

Second place - sealonsf:

This shot perfectly captures that intense focus with which dogs chase down a ball. The tension as she tries to change direction mid-air is fantastic!

First place - Hattifnatt:

This image stood out to me because not only is it interesting visually, it goes beyond the imagery and really starts to evoke feelings - the end of the day, the end of summer, having to leave things behind move on ... great photo!

Honorable mentions:
Tamia's snow and moon scene is stunningly gorgeous.
slowpez's web orb is strangely captivating to me.

Thanks again, and good luck next week!

Last edited by Will in Seattle; 02-28-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Views: 1,515
02-28-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Wilson! Congrats.
02-28-2017, 09:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to Hattifnatt, and sealonsf for the wins.

Congrats to the Honorables Tamia and slopez.

Thank you to Will for the consideration and for the interesting challenge (that I'd have never thought of myself).

See you all next week
02-28-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a awesome shot, loaded with documentary and as noted, evokes a lot of emotion. And stunning composition too. Worthy winner so a hearty congrats to Hattifnatt. And extended to the other podium places Sealonsf and Geomez, not forgetting the HM's Tamia and Slowpez. Loved this challenge, great idea Will. thanks for the judging exercise.

03-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Congratulations to Hattifnatt and all of the other winners. This challenge was a viewing pleasure with a wide variety of entries.

Tim
03-01-2017, 11:10 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great photos. Congratulations to the winners!
03-01-2017, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow! the entries were very good so this is for sure a surprise! congratulations everybody and thank you Will for hosting as well as for choosing my picture!

QuoteOriginally posted by Will in Seattle Quote
it goes beyond the imagery and really starts to evoke feelings - the end of the day, the end of summer, having to leave things behind move on
Those were exactly my thoughts when I took this photo on a lonely beach in November quite a while ago. Always nice when you manage to pass the feeling to the viewer.

I will try to come up with a new theme by tomorrow evening.

03-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Congrats to the winners and HMs. The subject was lots of fun and ended up with some really interesting and varied results.
03-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Hattifnatt for your evocative lonely scene. Great work from everyone, and kudos to Sealonsf and Geomez as well as Susan/Slopez. Thanks for the HM, Will. Your theme was enjoyable and encouraged excellent entries. Well done all.
03-01-2017, 08:29 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A great theme Will, and great images.
Pity I had nothing to contribute.
Well done everyone!
03-06-2017, 02:10 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New challenge is UP.