Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 123 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Weekly challenge #394 Vibrant Colors
Posted By: schnitzer79, 07-22-2017, 10:41 PM

Thanks again geomez for the recognition and for being a great host to the previous challenge.

My theme this week is "vibrant colors". I love photos with vibrant and bold colors since I think they add that wow-factor to an otherwise simple photograph. We all know how a powerful color can be vital to an image, but we also know that too many dominant colors can make an image confusing. These colors must work beautifully with each other in order to make the image pleasing to the eye. Lets see how you can use this to your advantage to showcase your beautiful photos.

Rules for all the Weekly Challenges: Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week. This challenge is Pentax/Ricoh/Samsung cameras only.

Everyone is eligible to send in their best interpretation of the given theme, as long as the photo is taken with a Pentax/Ricoh/Samsung camera. Themes can be subject-oriented or technique-oriented. The host/judge will post winners' names in a separate thread, and will send a private message (PM) the winner to pass the baton on. The winner will then host the next Challenge, and post a new thread with a subject or theme of his/her choosing.

Contest ends next Sunday 30th July

Below are a couple of examples. Good luck!

Views: 4,522
07-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
My wife always busts my chops because she says my scenic pics are too colorful and not natural.I have tons of sunsets-sunrises-flowers-etc.and it was tough to pick one so I put about a dozen on my Face Book pages and then let my friends decide.This one got the most comments so here it is.it was taken on the North Jetty-Nokomis Fl. at sunset.If it doesn't do well then the people are to blame.--charliezap
Your wife is right--the colors are breathtaking. I am humbled at your skill and serendipity. Bravo!

07-28-2017, 02:41 PM - 7 Likes   #32

Here are some colors from todays harvest of cherry tomatoes. Cropped the photo to close to 100%. (I took this shot to test my FA35 that I just got - arrived just a few hours ago.)

Last edited by SD_Bob; 11-25-2017 at 11:41 PM.
07-29-2017, 05:58 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SD_Bob Quote
Here are some colors from todays harvest of cherry tomatoes. Cropped the photo to close to 100%. (I took this shot to test my FA35 that I just got - arrived just a few hours ago.)
Looks good enough to eat. Beautiful shot.
07-30-2017, 02:52 AM - 4 Likes   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fire Bell

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
07-30-2017, 07:49 AM - 2 Likes   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
From last Sunday
07-30-2017, 06:10 PM - 1 Like   #36

A close up of different colored buttons from my wife's collection.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
07-30-2017, 10:30 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Ok guys.Contest is closed and will post the winners in a bit. Great entries from everyone