Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
WINNERS - #396 Urban or Rural Decay
Posted By: ramseybuckeye, 08-18-2017, 09:22 PM

We didn't get a lot of entries but they all had merit, I hope I did not miss anyone's photo here, my apologies if I did.

aaacb - It certainly does fit the theme, and of corner store really looks right in black and white! Looks like you (or someone) were about to have a photo session.

Special K - Wow. looks like they tore the building down right around the contents. Not your typical desert scene.

nobody - That is so stark looking it is almost surreal, I like that you found a little vegetation to include, what a contrast, like dead and alive.

atupdate - Definitely some rust and wear on that old steel. It still looks pretty solid, but I would not sit on that seat, those rust carriage bolts and the holes they go though might rust away any time. I like you composition, better that showing the whole thing.

slowpez - I like everything about this, it fits the theme, but it shows the decay can still look good among beauty too. I love the color and detail

363923885 - Excellent photo of a beautiful place. But I really don't get the decay connection from the photo.

Barbara Fu - Wow, this looks like a war zone, There's definitely a story here. Nicely composed, just enough to give the building a sense of space and to make you think. How is that glass door not cracked?

Vaskebjorn - great find, well shot photo. Hpe you got yopur boots, I'll wager that the wagon is still there.

geomez - I'm guessing this may be an abandoned salt dome. I really like the way this is shot with composition and tones.

charliezap - We get a double here with foreground and mid-ground decay. Well taken, and of course for extra effect, there's fog, one of nature's lovely filters.

Geodude - superb timing to shoot those old oil pumps. So nicely detailed and colorful, Beautiful!

rod_grant - classic decay! It seems like people fill and old building with junk and then never maintain the building again. Classic.

Eva - It sure does look like it was a nice place in the past. I like the close angle you chose, and the black and white treatment.

noelcmn: Another classic decay picture., you really did a nice exposure job, y the shadows that's the harsh sun time of day.

First Place - Geodude - I like this one best.

Second Place - slowpez, I really like this one too

I'm not going to award a third or honorable mention because I can't decide, lots of good quality! Congratulations all!
Views: 1,174
08-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #2
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congrats to winers Geodude and slowpez and all participants.Thx ramseybuckeye for comenting on each entry.
08-19-2017, 01:30 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A great challenge Tom.
Thanks for your effort; very well done.
Congrats to Geodude and slowpez (Susan): you both edged out some other pretty fine images.
08-19-2017, 04:01 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Thanks Tom for hosting and congratulations to Geodude for your stunning winning entry.

Tim

08-19-2017, 06:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Thanks Tom for providing us with a great challenge and for commenting on each entry. Congratulations to Geodude for a wonderful image. I am truly honored to have been given second place among so many fine entries.
08-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats to GeoDude, fab shot , worthy winner. End extended to Slowpez, another fab shot. Beautiful composition. And thanks to Tom for the challenge and the judging exercise. and yet another wonderful challenge, loads of inspiring stuff everyone!
08-20-2017, 05:54 AM   #7

Congratulations to the winner and, especially to Slowpez. Fab shot as most of yours. Also thanks to Ramseybuckeye for your comment.