Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winners #397 Process to the Max
Posted By: slowpez, 09-02-2017, 07:33 AM

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for playing along. I hope you enjoyed playing with all those sliders that the developers put all that energy into creating.
Some wonderful techniques were used here, but as always, I have to chose a winner and it isn’t easy.

geomez: I am not sure what I am looking at here but you made it into an otherworldly universe complete with stars.

Bruce Clark: that pelican should be proud of what you have done for him. He just pops off the screen and the detail is amazing. Surprisingly, his over-the-top stopped before it got to be too much.

atupdate: you took a mundane can of soup and made it into a colorful array of soup. Andy Warhol would be proud.

Hattifnatt: I am glad to see you used all the sliders. She turned out perfectly retaining her lovely smile but getting a gritty street vibe to go with it.

SpecialK: This is a nice shot of this American icon. I like that you added the colorful sky and reduced the haze giving the rock itself more prominence.

Vaskebjorn: A cat peering out of the darkness, what can be more mysterious and you have added more mystery by increasing that dark background.

Barbara Fu: Do zombies ride escalators? If not, I am sure they would feel right at home on this one. This turned out really well.

charliezap: you took cold and made it colder. Painterly, yes, but cold.

Kerrowdown: Brilliant decision to turn day into night. Isn’t that usually done in the reverse? You even added a beam of light that cast its beam on the stair rail and got rid of the sign on the green door. Who knew you had such power.

djb47: the owl mosaic is a great use of PP. How did you manage to get both eyes to look fully out at the viewer? Very clever. I bet this one could keep the viewer occupied for hours just looking at the tiny mosaic bits.

BruceBanner: I like the way you cropped this one, bringing out the beautiful crest on this bird of paradise flower.

Eva: There is so much to explore on the table top. Although your technique brings out the lovely clock and makes its peeling yellow paint look beautiful, I still want to see what else is on the table. Good job.

noelcmn: Ha, someone has turned night into day. Take that KD. Looks like a fairy tale.

dlneubec: what a cute little girl. I have no idea what you did here but it sure worked. Nice job.

Third place: Barbara Fu. I like that you got out of your comfort zone and produce a really interesting image.

Second place: Kerrowdown. Well thought out and well executed image.

First place: dlneubec. I can’t get that little girl’s eyes out of my mind and I can’t figure out how what you did to get the final image.

Views: 1,204
09-02-2017, 09:46 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The winning image is stunning. Congratulations dlneubec.

Tim
09-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
Pentaxian

A cutie.
09-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Barbara Fu, Kerrowdown, and dineubec.

Thanks for the really interesting challenge Susan.

BTW, the picture is of a feather cactus.

09-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Thanks to the kind comments. I look forward to hosting next weeks challenge!

For years I've had an old version of Paint Shop Pro (version 9). I picked up a free plug-in for it at one point called "Virtual Painter 5", which I have found a lot of fun to play with. This photo had a number of different "painting" effects applied to it to get to the final, but the primary one was a pointillism process. The result, I felt, was much better than the original color shot, which had a very busy and distracting oak cabinet background.
09-02-2017, 01:48 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just knew that would be the winner, its awesome, worthy to be hung on the wall dlneubec. Congratulations. And it does not even look like its been processed to the max! Wonderful! Congrats too to Kerrowdown, from whom I must stay away from, as he can turn my day into night and Barbara Fu. Thanks to our host, a real interesting challenge with some wonderful entries.
09-03-2017, 09:03 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to dineubec, Kerrowdown, and Barbara Fu.

09-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Brilliant decision to turn day into night
I actually needed that night shot for an assignment... it was a case of needs must.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Who knew you had such power
It's good to know that the old Kerrowdown still has the ability to surprise...
09-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
Congrats
Thank you.
09-03-2017, 02:36 PM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Congrats too to Kerrowdown, from whom I must stay away from, as he can turn my day into night
Thank you, is that a good thing that you stay away?

There's a bit of an alchemist in us all.
09-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by djb47 Quote
Congratulations
Thanks.
09-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, I had fun doing this! Congrats dlneubec
09-04-2017, 12:46 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done all. Congrats to the winners.
This challenge was well out of my league; I am a PP minimalist. Perhaps I should fiddle with some of those slidy things?
And Susan a good challenge (for everyone but me? )
09-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #14
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congrats to the winners 1,2,3 and all participants.