Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photo Caption Contest -- September 29th through October 5th, 2017
Posted By: goatsNdonkey, 09-28-2017, 03:45 PM

The current "thread starter" is the moderator for this week's round of the contest. The moderator must post an original photo at the start of the thread.

Any forum member may invent and post a caption for the photo, posting the caption as a reply in the thread. (More details about submission rules follow farther below.) All readers of the thread, including those posting captions, are encouraged to vote for any and all of the captions they appreciate by "LIKEing" them using the forum's LIKE feature. (Note that this feature prevents a person from voting more than once for any one caption and from voting on any of one's own caption submissions.)

At the end of the contest period, the moderator will count the votes and report who won. In case of a tie the moderator will permitted to place a vote to break the tie, except for that situation the moderator will not be participating in either submitting a caption or voting.

After determination of the contest's winner, that winner will be notified ASAP by the current Moderator/Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for introducing and moderating the next contest round. The new "thread starter" must post an original photo at the start of the new thread in the "Weekly Challenge" sub-forum category. It is helpful to regular contest participants if the new moderator posts a link to the new contest thread at the end of the caption contest round just finished.

*** Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post. Important: Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

===
A note from this week's new moderator. About 15 to 20 years ago I got into the habit of picking through boxes of old photos at antique stores and thrift shops, picking out ones that seemed striking to me for some reason, more often than not because they seemed to have more of a story behind them than immediately appeared on the surface. Since I haven't been taking many pictures with people in them lately, I've selected one of those found photos for your captioning pleasure. It is an "original" photo, however, I don't know by whom, or even when or where it was taken. If anyone knows, I'd be happy to give credit, but very likely this information is lost in the mists of a previous century. I will let the photo speak for itself to you about whatever its subject matter and situation might reflect.
===

Last edited by goatsNdonkey; 09-28-2017 at 03:56 PM.
Views: 1,063
09-28-2017, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
[ donkey speaking ]

I'm not the only " A** " in this photo
09-28-2017, 09:39 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Man speaking, "Will that new fangled picture box contraption make my ass look big?"
09-29-2017, 12:39 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
A note from this week's new moderator. About 15 to 20 years ago I got into the habit of picking through boxes of old photos at antique stores and thrift shops, picking out ones that seemed striking to me for some reason, more often than not because they seemed to have more of a story behind them than immediately appeared on the surface. Since I haven't been taking many pictures with people in them lately, I've selected one of those found photos for your captioning pleasure. It is an "original" photo, however, I don't know by whom, or even when or where it was taken. If anyone knows, I'd be happy to give credit, but very likely this information is lost in the mists of a previous century. I will let the photo speak for itself to you about whatever its subject matter and situation might reflect.

I wondered where that one had got to. It's actually a recent photo of me out on Dartmoor on one of my pony photography expeditions.

09-29-2017, 01:05 AM   #5

There once was a man, very crass
Who decided to ride on an ass
Then he climbed on a donkey
This arrogant honkey
While his wife took the horse, the poor lass
09-29-2017, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #6
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is the site of the "Lone Ranger" auditions, right?
Hi-Yo, Silver, away!

Background information is here: Hi-Yo, Silver! Away! | History | Smithsonian
09-30-2017, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If this critter were any shorter I'd be walking and sitting at the same time!
09-30-2017, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #8

Horse Power

This new model is just too darn fast! I gave her a speeding ticket!

10-05-2017, 07:33 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
REMINDER:

This is the last day of this week's round of the caption contest! There's still time to get in a few potentially winning captions, if your get them in with time for them to get voted on. EVERYBODY ELSE -- vote for your favorites, if you haven't done so!!!!!!! Sometime after midnight Central Time U.S. I will count up the totals and declare the winner, who will go on to host the next round.

This round isn't breaking any records for the number of captions submitted, but I have had to repeatedly remind myself that, as moderator, I'm not allowed to vote for the ones that keep tempting my like-button finger.
10-06-2017, 08:38 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have just notified and congratulated darylk, who won this week's photo caption contest. I know that I speak for all of the readers and participants in the contest when I say that we all eagerly await darylk's posting of the new photo in the new photo caption thread introducing the next round!
10-07-2017, 08:39 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The new Caption Challenge is on!!! Here: Photo Caption Contest -- October 7th through October 14th, 2017 - PentaxForums.com

Have fun!

Daryl