Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread

Photo Caption Contest -- October 7th through October 14th, 2017
Posted By: darylk, 10-07-2017, 08:38 AM

The current "thread starter" is the moderator for this week's round of the contest. The moderator must post an original photo at the start of the thread.

Any forum member may invent and post a caption for the photo, posting the caption as a reply in the thread. (More details about submission rules follow farther below.) All readers of the thread, including those posting captions, are encouraged to vote for any and all of the captions they appreciate by "LIKEing" them using the forum's LIKE feature. (Note that this feature prevents a person from voting more than once for any one caption and from voting on any of one's own caption submissions.)

At the end of the contest period, the moderator will count the votes and report who won. In case of a tie the moderator will permitted to place a vote to break the tie, except for that situation the moderator will not be participating in either submitting a caption or voting.

After determination of the contest's winner, that winner will be notified ASAP by the current Moderator/Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for introducing and moderating the next contest round. The new "thread starter" must post an original photo at the start of the new thread in the "Weekly Challenge" sub-forum category. It is helpful to regular contest participants if the new moderator posts a link to the new contest thread at the end of the caption contest round just finished.

*** Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post. Important: Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 

Views: 2,719
10-12-2017, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #16

This is my field.

I buried that old sign years ago, it said 'Mine Field" so it belongs to me, it's mine!

Last edited by studiofm; 10-13-2017 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Sorry, not everyone can read my mind!
10-13-2017, 06:51 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All the other dogs got bored and left, but I've got a soft place in my heart for humans who are doing dumb things. Besides, the guy on the left has half of a submarine sandwich wrapped up on his truck dashboard, and if I play my cards right....
10-13-2017, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Human nature
So glad I am a dog.
10-14-2017, 12:07 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
This is the last day. Please vote!
Thanks,
Daryl

10-14-2017, 10:52 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I am happy to announce that Aslyfox is the esteemed winner of this past week's caption contest! Assuming he is willing and able, he'll be starting a new contest soon.
Thanks for everyone's participation with some funny and creative captions. I always thought the dog was asking me, "Did you get the shot?"
Thanks again,
Daryl
10-15-2017, 03:02 AM   #21
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by darylk Quote
I am happy to announce that Aslyfox is the esteemed winner of this past week's caption contest! Assuming he is willing and able, he'll be starting a new contest soon.
Thanks for everyone's participation with some funny and creative captions. I always thought the dog was asking me, "Did you get the shot?"
Thanks again,
Daryl
thanks for hosting

and thanks to all who posted the great captions

the new contest is now open for captions:

Photo Caption Contest -- October 15th through October 22nd, 2017 - PentaxForums.com
10-15-2017, 04:07 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations, Aslyfox!

10-15-2017, 07:01 AM   #23
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulations, Aslyfox!