Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 44 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Weekly Challenge 403 - Spontaneous shots
Posted By: marcodagi, 10-24-2017, 01:22 AM

This week challenge is about spontaneous moments that you successfully captured in the right time and place in the city or village. Photos shouldn't be arranged. Most spontaneous and lucky catches wins. No restriction about photo subjects except wildlife, pure nature etc. Animals are permitted but with previous rules (city/village).

Contest ends on Sunday October 31 (MST) (sorry for late)

The fine print:
Every week, a new theme is picked and judged by the winner of the previous week.

Rules
1. Post ONE photo (max 1024x1024).
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture (and only one picture) in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for at least 7 days, plus an additional day, if required, for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax/Ricoh (DSLR) camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge

Zapisz
Zapisz

Last edited by marcodagi; 10-24-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Views: 2,829
10-26-2017, 11:32 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
This scene screamed for a shot
If he drank all that he most probably is screaming too. Great story shot Tamia.

10-26-2017, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Chinese Lantern Festival Kung Fu Dancers

10-26-2017, 07:55 PM - 2 Likes   #18

Spontaneous Japan

I have three shots that I actually really like for this, but I had to choose one. Rather than going for the better story or best visual, I split the difference.

Downtown Kumamoto is a pair of open-air malls, a great place for people-watching especially for someone who is obviously not Japanese. On this night there were bands at various places in the mall of various styles, including one memorable siren singing in French. This picture, though, is of a pseudo-Inca band. They sounded good, to be sure, but unless my perception was quite off they were all Japanese, as was the blonde fellow in the foreground. People who speak of Japanese homogeneity and conformity have missed nights like this, when the people are out of the office and their pent-up creativity spills out into the streets.

--edit-- Would it be okay to put the other two up, non-challenge?
The photo above I submit for our challenge. Here are the two that only almost got picked.

First is elsewhere in Kumamoto. Two hardworking guys taking a break on the castle lawn. Lots of zoom to get this shot and it shows in the faces slightly off focus. Still, public napping is something I rarely saw in that town except by commuters and homeless guys.

Second is in Vladivostok. Russians in that town did not like getting their pictures taken as a rule, and so what I have from that trip mostly lacks faces. Outside of being headless, though, I like this shot--clear, full of color, and showing a slice of life that would be at home in virtually any beach town in the world.

Last edited by Barbara Fu; 10-27-2017 at 05:35 AM. Reason: image not showing up
10-26-2017, 10:25 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Pentaxian

Shot wide open at f1.4 with a manual focus Rikenon P 50mm lens. The kid is my friend's kid whom I babysit from time to time and pick up from day care periodically.

I had picked her up from day care and we were sitting by the pool waiting for her mom to come home from work. I had my camera with me so naturally I tried to capture a hyperactive 2 year old with a manual focus lens.

Last edited by alamo5000; 11-23-2017 at 09:27 AM.
10-27-2017, 03:02 AM - 3 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Schoolgirls

I will go with a recent shot from the streets of Havana. I was intrigued by how fast and how different those two schoolgirls reacted: the very moment I pointed the camera towards them, one made the victory sign while the other one hid her face.

10-27-2017, 03:26 AM   #21
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Barbara Fu Quote
--edit-- Would it be okay to put the other two up, non-challenge?
Someone placed 2 similar photos, what made a story. I don't see yours so I can't tell what I think about them, but do what you want, maybe join them... I don't know.

Btw. I really hope for more spontanous and jaw dropping shots in this 3 days. C'mon people ; ))
10-27-2017, 04:40 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
At a doodah parade. I can't remember if she was a participant or spectator.

This is great!

10-27-2017, 05:43 AM - 3 Likes   #23
Veteran Member

A selfie for two...

10-27-2017, 11:13 PM   #24
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I accidentally deleted my contribution, so I add it again
BW for challenge
I find these interesting: 2 It's a sin,3 Kuta(Bali) fish market dancer, 3 now you're caught
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo   
10-28-2017, 02:42 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The closing date for the challenge is incorrect- it should be Tuesday (not Sunday), 31 October 2017.
My Godson and his new bride in a moment of celebration of their nuptials.
11-01-2017, 05:49 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
As does this one, that's quite a load!
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
If he drank all that he most probably is screaming too. Great story shot Tamia.
The car pulled out of a senior-citizen's apartment house!