Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
405 - Stick Season Winners
Posted By: mattb123, 11-17-2017, 10:13 PM

Nice job everyone! I tried to challenge you and I hope you don't mind a lot of constructive criticism in my comments.
It was a tough choice but a winner must be chosen.

So the winner is eva with this nicely executed and composed image. Solid work. Congratulations!

Second is Hattifnatt

Third is noelcmn

See below for your individual comments. Nice work everyone! Eva, the next contest is up to you!

sealonsf - I like this image, it reminds me of an Alfred Hitchcock scene.
WileyB - I'd day it is a landscape even though that wasn't required. Your concept isn't bad but the light conditions were not in your favor.
Vaskebjorn - not a bad image but maybe a little flat. Someting like a lower perspective to make the tree break the horizon might have been worth a try.
RGlasel - looks like a spooky old place. I would have liked to see the peak of the house just below the branches instead of behind them.
SpecialK - Another structure full of character and an interesting tree behind. Tough light here for sure.
Stavri - I like the different approach and it definitely shows us the season in some nice light.
Hattifnatt - Nice atmosphere here. Well executed too. My one criticism is the foreground fence should be in our out. A little crop would get rid of it.
atupdate - impressive lights and a good capture.
ramseybuckeye - a nice scene and I like the tree but wish the top wasn't getting lost in that cloud. Still good, but a slightly lower angle would move the top above the cloud would make it better.
jchorst - Definitely demonstrate the theme if not the prettiest leaf.
dlneubec - I like the drops and twigs. Definitely suits the theme. The background is slightly distracting but the bokeh helps.
eva - Good shot and just the right exposure to not blow out the sky and still get a well exposed foreground.
Barbara Fu - A little underexposed, looks like it's one of those meter-fooling situations we need to compensate for. Not a hard fix. Interesting building and different looking than the churches here.
StephenHampshire - Nice misty morning shot.
noelcmn - interesting scene and I like all the twisted shapes the trees make. Shadows could use just a little boost IMO to give it a little more depth.
rjbrett - I like the pattern of those branches and I would have probably gone with a mono treatment too.
Views: 1,511
11-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to Eva.
It was a nice challenge and i am looking forward to the next one.
11-18-2017, 12:49 AM - 1 Like   #3
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Surprised and honored that my photo was chosen among such good ones.Congrats to Hattifnatt and noelcmn.It was a nice challenge.Good job everyone.
11-18-2017, 12:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Eva FAB Shot, postcard quality that! Worthy winner. And extended to my fellow podium placed Hattifnat for another postcard quality image. So nice! And honored to be on the podium with such a host of wonderful images. Thanks Mattb123- wonderful challenge, a subject I like very much. And for the comments and critiques, much appreciated. Now we wait for Eva!

11-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations eva, Cosmin, and Noel, all are very good images. Great challenge Matt, thanks for commenting on all of the entries, well done!
11-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #6

Useful advice, Matt, and very glad to have it. I'm going to have to play around with the settings to figure out how to override the meter.

Eva and Hattifnatt--wherever it is, I want to go there.
Noelcmm--I wouldn't go there without a very strong, well-heated boat. But gorgeous to look at.
11-21-2017, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Barbara Fu Quote
Useful advice, Matt, and very glad to have it. I'm going to have to play around with the settings to figure out how to override the meter.

Noelcmm--I wouldn't go there without a very strong, well-heated boat. But gorgeous to look at.
For a start you would not be allowed, even with a well heated boat. And you'd soon end up as a sizzling steak for the crocodiles, seeing that this was in Kruger National Park

11-22-2017, 02:28 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Eva! and thanks to Matt for the podium and everybody for the comments.

If you happen to visit Ireland, my shot was taken somewhere on the track from Castlebar to the Museum of Country Life. It's full of photographic opportunities!
12-05-2017, 11:41 PM - 1 Like   #9
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

This photo is from Udine north Italy.