Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Photo Caption Contest -- January 15 - January 22, 2018
Posted By: aslyfox, 01-15-2018, 07:49 AM

Contest is open immediately

The current "thread starter" is the moderator for this week's round of the contest. The moderator must post an original photo at the start of the thread.

Any forum member may invent and post a caption for the photo, posting the caption as a reply in the thread. (More details about submission rules follow farther below.) All readers of the thread, including those posting captions, are encouraged to vote for any and all of the captions they appreciate by "LIKEing" them using the forum's LIKE feature. (Note that this feature prevents a person from voting more than once for any one caption and from voting on any of one's own caption submissions.)

At the end of the contest period, the moderator will count the votes and report who won. In case of a tie the moderator will permitted to place a vote to break the tie, except for that situation the moderator will not be participating in either submitting a caption or voting.

After determination of the contest's winner, that winner will be notified ASAP by the current Moderator/Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for introducing and moderating the next contest round. The new "thread starter" must post an original photo at the start of the new thread in the "Weekly Challenge" sub-forum category. It is helpful to regular contest participants if the new moderator posts a link to the new contest thread at the end of the caption contest round just finished.

*** Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post

Important:

Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

Your current moderator is Aslyfox

Contest and voting ends 10 PM ( 22:00 ) on January 22. 2018 Central Time USA

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 

Views: 1,612
01-15-2018, 08:00 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Are you sure you want portrait orientation?
01-15-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"The modern West generally associates owls with wisdom". Wikipedia.

-"No Pentax Guy, I am not going to share my wisdom with you"...
01-15-2018, 11:55 AM - 3 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"you look much more interesting from this angle, sir, and I'm not drunk either"

01-15-2018, 03:40 PM - 2 Likes   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
"I only pose properly for Canikon shooters"
01-15-2018, 09:27 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax? Do they still make cameras?
01-16-2018, 06:13 AM   #7
Pentaxian

"Rotate 90 degrees and repost, please."

01-16-2018, 08:36 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are you sure you have that set right? I mean, the shutter speed seems a bit low to get a sharp image of me...
01-17-2018, 01:06 AM - 2 Likes   #9

Man, I slept badly last night....! But don't worry, I know a tree-mendous chiropractor that will give me a falcon good workover. I'll feel raptor-ous and be buzz(ard)ing around again in no time!
01-17-2018, 05:43 AM   #10
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
very good starts folks

please keep adding captions

and please vote, even if you don't post a caption and especially if you post one

we have had almost 250 looks so far
01-21-2018, 05:37 AM   #11
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
we seemed to have slowed with submissions and votes

there is still time

Contest and voting ends 10 PM ( 22:00 ) on January 22. 2018 Central Time USA
01-22-2018, 09:14 PM   #12
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
We have a winner

congratulations to Noel for Post # 4:

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
"you look much more interesting from this angle, sir, and I'm not drunk either"
Noel will be contacted by PM and asked to start a new thread at his convenience

now the rest of the story

this bird was found high in the tree in Arusha National Park Tanzania ( if my memory is correct ) and as I took its photo, again and again and again, did not move, except for its head

it clearly quickly located our vehicle and me as I stood exposed standing in the hole in the roof.

the caption I would have used is the following:

" You obviously are not from around here are you [ darn tourists with their cameras are back in the neighborhood ] "

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-22-2018 at 09:19 PM.
01-23-2018, 12:38 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The new challenge is up: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/3...ml#post4186207