Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
#412 - Motion Winners
Posted By: elpolodiablo, 01-31-2018, 02:42 AM

Thanks for playing everyone, a lot of interesting interpretation of the theme, without further ado here's the winners!

Winner is charliezap , love the way the motion of the ride contrast against the stillness of the person and how the background perfectly complement the flow of the ride, well done!

2nd place goes to StephenHampshire , classic panning shot beautifully captured, on top of the elements you mentioned like the wheels and rods, the steam coming off the chimney/just before the front of the wheels/ off the side of the engine all contributing to the sense of motion, just wonderful!

3rd place I have decided goes to atupdate , this is a very clever way of showing motion by stacking, which compress the whole trick into a single image, very creative indeed!

Honourable mention 1 mattb123 Beautiful blue hour shot, I only wish motion is a larger element of the shot that I can pick up on straight away!

Honourable mention 2 SpecialK the trail smoke really help portrait the sense of motion, the thing about aerial acrobatic photography is that it's impossible to orient which side is up, fun shot though!

Brief comment of the entries,
rod_grant - Hahaha, that is indeed what kids this ago would be like, just wouldn't be still
Vaskebjorn - Beautiful bird shot, colour really pop, I only wish the tip of the wing was not a bit obscured by the branch
JeanF6 - excellent action shot, the dust kicked up by the wheel help enhance the sense of motion, well done
sealonsf - The blurred out denim walking to the left gives the frame a sense of motion, in contrast to the stillness of Addy, cute.
RossCo - Great sense of speed, the even more blurred out rider in the back enhance the sense of motion too
NickDB - Beautiful sunset colour, the almost double image of the kid attract you attention straight away
jacamar - interesting, we know they are heading in the same direction, but somehow beak of one of the penguins breaks the formation haha
eva - love the motion of the hula hoops and her expression
aaacb - beautiful dance photo, somehow her face was showing though the blurriness
Tamia - nice sense of the raging waters, great job!
bigoak - what's with scooter riders? They all seems to be having a great time!
Bruce Clark - Nice, the tail smoke really gives a sense of where the plane has been and where it is going
jchorst - Nice to see horse shots here, as I understand it horses as well as human are harder to capture in slow shutter speed because their movements involve going up and down, compare to say motor sport.
dlneubec - Contrast of the flow of the fall and the still of ice is really nice
noelcmn - wow how fast is the bird flapping its wing to create this effect?
ramseybuckeye - haha the ears definitely shows there is quite a breeze going on in the show, and what is this third eyelid that you mentioned? Got me intrigued!
lukulele - Nice, the leaning of the rider and the blurred out wheels both enhance the sense of motion here.
Views: 1,328
01-31-2018, 03:42 AM   #2
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congrats to all.It was a nice challenge.
01-31-2018, 01:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats charliezap. That photo was my favorite too.
01-31-2018, 01:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats CharlieZap-excellent shot, on the button as it were. Worthy winner. And extended to Stephenhamshire, another of your excellent train images, and Atupdate, not forgetting the HM's Mattb123 and SpecialK. Thanks to our judge for a wonderful challenge and feedback. Lovely stuff as usual with these weekly challenges.

01-31-2018, 06:41 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Charlie and all! Those are all some fine shots. Excellent Challenge, elpolodiablo! Oh, and by the way, Owl Eyes
02-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #6

Well done Charliezap, StevenHampshire and Atupdate. Lovely images that fit the theme perfectly! I look forward to Charlie's new theme.
02-01-2018, 10:00 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks! That was as close as I could get to that motion from the 12th floor.

Congratulations to the winners! Nice selection of photos.

02-02-2018, 06:30 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I'm once again honored and humbled by winning the weekly challenge.Due to time constraints for the up coming week I'm going to pass the baton to StephenHampshire if he would be so kind as to host the challenge.--charliezap