Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photo Caption Contest 02-09 Feb 2018
Posted By: NickDB, 02-01-2018, 09:32 AM

Contest is open immediately

The current "thread starter" is the moderator for this week's round of the contest. The moderator must post an original photo at the start of the thread.

Any forum member may invent and post a caption for the photo, posting the caption as a reply in the thread. (More details about submission rules follow below.) All readers of the thread, including those posting captions, are encouraged to vote for any and all of the captions they appreciate by "LIKEing" them using the forum's LIKE feature. (Note that this feature prevents a person from voting for one's own caption.)

At the end of the contest period, the moderator will count the votes and report who won. In case of a tie the moderator will permitted to place a vote to break the tie, except for that situation the moderator will not be participating in either submitting a caption or voting.

After determination of the contest's winner, that winner will be notified ASAP by the current Moderator/Thread Starter/Contest Host and will become responsible for introducing and moderating the next contest round. The new "thread starter" must post an original photo at the start of the new thread in the "Weekly Challenge" sub-forum category. It is helpful to regular contest participants if the new moderator posts a link to the new contest thread at the end of the caption contest round just finished.

*** Submissions can be in any written form (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post

Important:

Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

Your current moderator is NickDB
Contest and voting ends midnight PM (00:00) on Feb 9th 2018 GMT.

This image is of a kudu cow that found a citrus fruit somehow and was in two minds whether to go ahead and eat it or not! (Photo taken in the Kruger National Park, South Africa)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 2,153
02-01-2018, 09:46 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
what do you think I do with lemons

I can't make lemonade

I have no hands
02-01-2018, 12:17 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's how freedom of speech ends...
02-01-2018, 01:01 PM - 2 Likes   #4

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Does anyone have any Earl Grey tea?

02-01-2018, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

if you had been here earlier, you would have seen me eating the fish that this lemon is flavoring
02-01-2018, 08:07 PM - 3 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's not too sour unless you bite down on it all at once...WOW!
02-02-2018, 08:21 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Darn it, I forgot my dentures.

02-03-2018, 08:25 AM - 2 Likes   #8

Original Poster
There was a young kudu called Helen
Got hungry one day for a melon
So she picked up this thing
And her cheeks sucked right in
Cos what she bit on was a lemon!

She thought that the taste was most foul
But not being as wise as an owl
She continued to chew
And her taste buds just blew
And her mouth ended skew in a scowl.

(Non-competitive entry)

Last edited by NickDB; 02-03-2018 at 08:25 AM. Reason: missing word
02-06-2018, 01:59 AM   #9

Original Poster
To all competitors and visitors - please either add an entry or "like" an existing entry or both. Just a couple more days..... :-)
02-06-2018, 02:16 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Oh F#*( what is this s#!^.
02-06-2018, 04:31 AM   #11
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Dad said I had to try it once
02-06-2018, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"you've gotta admit, this is much better than a bum shot".
02-06-2018, 01:39 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
HMMMFFF MMMMMMFFFF FMMMFFF (Hard to talk with your mouth full)
02-08-2018, 02:08 AM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by raguseiillustri Quote
I will be wet. I do not care for my hair Let me go
Hi raguseiillustri,

This looks like a great shot for a future Caption Contest starter. But the way it works is that you comment (as a caption) on the image that has been set for the week, which is at the top of this page. If your caption is voted tghe best of the week, then you get to put up your image for the following week as a new thread. I like yours - keep it until you get the opportunity to submit it for captions. MEantime - please enter your caption for the image with the kudu eating fruit, and/or like some of the entries already submitted!
Kind thanks
Nick
02-08-2018, 02:23 AM - 2 Likes   #15

What is happening to me happens to all fruits that grow ripe