Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Winners- Weekly challenge #413 "Night Shades"
Posted By: StephenHampshire, 02-10-2018, 02:50 AM

Thank you for contributing such a wide range of interpretations of the theme, fun to judge this week. Here are my comments:

sealonsf – very nice, almost a full silhouette, but nice sky colour and added toes from the street light and even a phone screen
Bruce Clark – great range of colours and an almost abstract composition which works well
vaskebjorn – intriguing shapes, great starburst, perhaps not enough “night shades” for my taste for this weeks theme
atupdate – nice colours Tim, and good use of diagonals in composition
dlneubec – fantastic colours on the berries and leaf…background a little distracting perhaps?
SpecialK – great mix of colours –the longish exposure allows a little movement in the people which along with the strong converging lines give dynamism to the picture
eva – great composition, 100% night shades too. Hope the band sound good too!
noelcmn – very strong composition, great contrast of black and orange very nice
mattb123 – beautiful shot from a man who really appreciates the wonders of nature!
elpolodiablo - good use of long exposure and great blues and fun starbursts
rod_grant – nicely composed and exposed, a little early in he day for this week’s theme perhaps
NickDB – good colours and strong composition using the moon.
charliezap – well caught and excellent strong composition, for this week’s theme I was looking for a bit more colour though

A lot of photos I really liked, but concentrating on the theme, my winners all made good use of colour too

1st – NickDB
2nd –sealonsf
3rd -Bruce Clark
Views: 869
02-10-2018, 03:09 AM - 1 Like   #2

Thanks for the contest, Stephen - I don't know how my gulls managed to fly past Charlie and Matt's images, but I do appreciate the recognition. There were some other strong contenders in there as well - well done everyone!
I will post the next week's theme shortly after some thought.
Nick

Last edited by NickDB; 02-10-2018 at 03:10 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
02-10-2018, 04:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations ti Nick, sealonsf, and Bruce. Thanks for hosting Stephen.

Tim
02-10-2018, 05:06 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations NickDB, wonderful shades in that image, on the button for the competition. And much the same can be said for Sealonsf and Bruce Clark, and congrats extended to them too! Super challenge Stephen, and thanks for the feedback and judging exercise.

02-10-2018, 05:51 AM   #5
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congratulates to the winners,and to all participants.It was nice challenge.Great work everyone.
02-10-2018, 10:58 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great challenge SH.
Congrats to the winners.
(I actually would have picked Stephen's own image of the train; that was superb!)