Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
WINNERS Weekly Challenge #417 - "Silhouette"
Posted By: aaacb, 03-16-2018, 06:34 PM

Winners of Weekly Challenge #417 - "Silhouette"

This was the first weekly challenge I judged and it was a tough one. Birds seemed quite popular, with seven pictures containing birds somewhere, if I counted correctly.

sealonsf - an offering to the sun, the message is clear, if only the sun was slightly more to the center to make a stronger connection.

robjmitchell - I'm inclined to title your submission as "care-free vs family life," but there's a little too much empty space in the center.

Bruce Clark - starting the trend for bird silhouettes

SpecialK - nice sunset!

rod_grant - I like the tones a lot, but the headlight is a bit distracting because it's so far in a corner and my eyes don't have a place to settle.

Jpeachee - looks painted, and I like the little detail of the person sitting on the bench.

Vaskebjorn - the diagonal bars add to the "noir" mood.

atupdate - it would make an interesting album cover!

eva - the tilted horizon really makes this work.

mohb - an adventure-style shot, I wish it had more sky since it looks like it was a pretty one.

smf - I like the purple tones.

racingsnake - the transition from yellow to blue is beautiful.

dlneubec - seems like a great way to see a sunset.

ramseybuckeye - I like the shot and the sky has very nice colors, but the silhouettes aren't contributing enough to the image.

dwalker19 - interesting use of darker tones, the picture looks better on a dark background rather than our forum's light color.

Atindra - wonderful colors, I like the restricted color range.

charliezap - I like that all the many silhouettes have clear outlines, even though it's a busy spot.

jacamar - reminds me of drawings for a biology atlas, and the grain works well.

Hattifnatt - nice tones. All those beautiful reflections and converging lines make the picture less about the girl though.

nobody - nice minimalist composition, if only the airplane was closer.

noelcmn - I like the contrast between the sky and the ground.

StephenHampshire - steam trains and sun rays make for great pictures.

Arjay Bee - the composition and tones make me think that this sea is on another planet.

Sqideyes - interesting minimalism, the white highlights add just enough to make it work.

My vote goes to eva, with special mentions for Arjay Bee and StephenHampshire. Congrats!

Views: 485
03-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Awesome choice and agree with the decision. Congratulations to the Winner.

Atindra
03-16-2018, 08:26 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to you, eva! Well deserved win for sure! Aaacb, congrats to you too. Well done! And thanks for judging. Arjay Bee and StephenHampshire, congrats to you for really nice pics.
03-17-2018, 03:42 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to Eva, indeed a stunning photo.

03-17-2018, 04:59 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Eva, deserved winner, and as noted, the tilt of the image adds impact. Wonderful shot! And congrats extended to Stephenhamshire and ArjayBee. Thanks Aaacb for the challenge and judging exercise, much to learn there!
03-17-2018, 05:00 AM   #6
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations to the honorees and thanks to all who posted such excellent images and also to our host.
03-17-2018, 07:01 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazing shot Eva, congratulations! and many thanks to the host and all the participants.
03-17-2018, 07:50 AM   #8
eva
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thx aaacb I' m honored that my photo was chosen among such good ones.Congrats to Arjay Bee , StephenHampshire and all participants.Good job everyone.Thx to all who Like my photo.

03-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonderful image, Eva. Congrats!
03-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Eva, and kudos to Arjay Bee and StephenHampshire too. Good challenge aaacb