Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread

April 3 - April 10
Posted By: UncleVanya, 04-03-2018, 08:20 PM

Any forum member may invent and post a caption for the photo, posting the caption as a reply in this thread.

All readers of the thread, including those posting captions, are encouraged to vote for any and all of the captions they appreciate by "LIKEing" them using the forum's LIKE feature. (Note that this feature prevents a person from voting for one's own caption.)

At the end of the contest period, the host will count the votes and report who won. In case of a tie the host gets to break the tie, but will not otherwise submit a caption or vote.

The winner will be notified ASAP by the current host by PM and a post in the thread. The new host should post a link to the new contest thread at the end of the caption contest round just finished.

Submissions should be text (no video or audio files) — caption, limerick, motivational, poem or prose — whatever inspires you to describe the photo or catch attention. Submit by replying to the thread. Contestants may submit more than one entry but it must be in a separate post

Important:
Even if you do not submit an entry, please “like” any posts you feel deserve it as this is how the winner is chosen. And if you DO submit an entry, please also find an entry that you like from among your competitors' efforts and "like" that one as well. Enter often, vote more often. and most important: Have fun !

If the image is too big for you, edit your account "Settings and Options" for a smaller display size - or get a bigger monitor :-)

------======<<<<<<>>>>>>======------

As our previous contest master said finding a caption worthy shot isn't the easiest thing to do. I've gone back in time to two years ago on a trip to Europe.

I was in Paris with my wife and our two teenagers and her dad and her mentally challenged brother. The day had taken us to the Musée Rodin, while in the area her father and brother and I headed over to Les Invalides, where at some point we get separated. At this point I literally had no choice but to have to walk up and down every aisle and the entire exhibit. (This also happened in Stonehenge...) But camera in hand, I decided to make the best of it! Moving between levels I stumbled upon these two lovely statues... casually tucked away in an outdoor staircase. So of course I took the shot. (BTW - I never found my in laws, they got back to the hotel and my wife called me!)

Good luck all!

Generated from my Amazon Kindle Fire using tools.rackonly.com

Last edited by UncleVanya; 04-03-2018 at 08:27 PM.
Views: 2,002
04-11-2018, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Righto thanks for the nod! Just gotta finish giving Pódia a foot rub, then will get to work honing in on an image for the next round and post up asap.

04-11-2018, 02:43 PM - 1 Like   #17
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Righto thanks for the nod! Just gotta finish giving Pódia a foot rub, then will get to work honing in on an image for the next round and post up asap.
I know she will appreciate that foot rub. LOL. congrats again.
04-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Next one is up. April 12-19 - PentaxForums.com